Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Apple Vacations Package (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/apple-vacations-package-13275/)

Dale Mar 3rd, 1997 07:11 AM

Apple Vacations Package

Has anyone done Apple Vacations to the Caribbean? How are they?

Ed Mar 8th, 1997 06:53 PM

Dale,

I've found through experience that if you book

packages direct with the airlines you come up

with better deals. In the Caribbean, American

Airlines is the major air carrier. Their travel

group is Fly Away Vacations. Call their toll free

number to hook up with one of their planners or

get brochures.

Good Luck!
Ed

Jean E. Bowers Mar 14th, 1997 01:46 PM

I have taken Apple Tours to the Bahamas, Jamaica and Cancun. For the most part the flights are non stop. No changing planes or taking a chance on your luggage being lost. If you watch for specials you can book a very reasonable trip. Once you reach your destination you are taken to your hotel. Every day there is an Apple representative to aid you in selecting tours, renting a car or anything you would like to do. If you are in need of medical assistance legal assistance they are there to assist. They also advise travlers on what not to do in certain areas. On the return you are returned to the airport on your day of departure.

Donna Mar 14th, 1997 04:13 PM

We went to Cozumel on an Apple trip and were very pleased. It was a smooth non-stop charter flight, which was on time, between Cincinatti and Cancun. Then arrangements had been made to fly us to Cozumel on a small plane. A representative met us at the Cancun airport and at the Cozumel airport to guide us to the next gate or to the hotel transport. The return arrangements/trip was just as smooth. Also, they have been the least expensive vacation packages I've found. I will definitely use them again.

Robert Wellington Mar 14th, 1997 09:44 PM

I whole heartedly enjoyed my trip to the
Bahama's.Apple vacations took very good care of
me.I stayed on cable beach,and everything I needed
was either brought to me,or they took me there.I
plan to go again this year.

carol r. miller Mar 15th, 1997 08:30 PM

I've used Apple several times on my trips to Jamaica
and I've always been pleased with the accomidations I've booked thru Apples. I've used the all-inclusive
plan so I didn't have to take cash/travler checks with me, never had a bit of trouble. I like the idea of having a Apple Rep. at the hotels I've stayed in.
Enchanted Gardens in Jamaica is great. Been there twice and plan to go back next year. If anyone wants
more detailes e-mail me, I'll be glad to share my trip with you.

Lee Mar 17th, 1997 07:40 AM

We went to Nassau on Apple in December and had a great time! We stayed at the "Nassau Beach Hotel" and found it to be pleasant and comfortable. The Apple arrangements were fine although once there, we went off on our own by choice. We would definitely do it again (and will), the same way.

Cassie Mar 17th, 1997 01:49 PM

I would agree with the others. Apple is a very professional organization, isn't likely to go broke or run off with your money. It is particularly good if you haven't traveled much or are traveling alone, because all the little details are taken care of (and prepaid). I think the deals are good too. I have used Apple to Cancun and Jamaica (Hedonism II-a great resort). Being met at the airport and transported back and forth is worth it's weight in gold in the Caribbean!!!

Hugh Watson Mar 30th, 1997 02:37 PM

Re: Apple vacations. I have used Apple for trips
to Cancun from Atlanta Georgia several times. I agree with all of the favorable comments that have been made about them in these posts. They fulfilled all promises and were there ready to assist or help at all times. I have had no complaints with them.
Their prices are usually very good.
Have a great trip! Hugh

Karen May 16th, 1997 04:41 PM

Hi! I've heard of Enchanted Island? in Jamica. My family and I have been to Jamica several times.Where is Enchanted Island? Do you think a teenager would have fun there? This is not a normal teen, loves to be with adults, but loves a good time too! Is this the place with waterfalls????? Boy, I have alot of questions!!!!
Thanks for your help!
Karen