Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Apple Vacations and Sunspree Resort (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/apple-vacations-and-sunspree-resort-204539/)

Shelley Nov 5th, 2001 11:10 AM

Apple Vacations and Sunspree Resort

I am booked on an Apple vacation package with charter air to the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort has anyone been recently?

chazz Nov 5th, 2001 11:56 AM

Which island?

Topper Nov 5th, 2001 12:06 PM

See the posting warning of troubles with Apple Vacations I topped for you.

shelley Nov 6th, 2001 10:50 AM

Chazz, <BR>Nassau

Steve Nov 7th, 2001 04:27 AM

This is a BUDGET hotel and the feedback is not very favorable. I'm sure you were attracted by the low price but remember you get what you pay for.

bob Nov 7th, 2001 07:37 AM

Friend of ours was just there last week at Sunspree via Apple and they found it so bad (I mean REALLY BAD) they insisted that Apple move them to another resort and out of Sunspree..they reported that the rooms were dirty, run down, food was awful, was very noisy, just all around bad. THey refused to spend the night there and were moved to another resort (Sweptaway I think)

Ro Nov 10th, 2001 05:27 PM

i'm looking into going to paradise island in may and am also considering Holiday Inn Sunspree. it's that bad huh? are there a lot of kids around? i've heard that the holday inn is okay but that's from people who have been there 4 yrs ago.<BR>My husband and i are looking for something nice (a romantic 5 day vacation) that won't kill our bank account.

Anon Nov 12th, 2001 09:35 AM

Ro: How much more do you need to hear? You must be a glutton for punishment.

chazz Nov 12th, 2001 10:19 AM

OK, so let's be constructive:<BR><BR>Can the Sunspree critics suggest a different hotel in Nassau/Paradise Island that would cost no more than the Holiday Inn, but be a better choice?<BR>

Donna Nov 13th, 2001 03:02 PM

hi Shelley,<BR> I was at the holiday Inn Sunspree in Nassau from October 25th to the 28th 2001. I found the hotel to be spotless and our room was very large and very clean. I thought it was a very nice resort, there were very few children while I was there. The pool was quite lovely it winds around with an island in the middle and has a couple of bridges. The pool bar had hamburger and fries that were to die for,not to mention the Banana Daquiries. The food in the Dining Room was fine, definately not 5 star fine dining but tasty, plentiful and definately edible.I did not find the Hotel run down at all it was always spotless, nicely decorated and appeared well run to me. As a matter of fact my daughter forgot to pack her toothbrush, called the front desk and they brought her one within 5 minutes. (ther is a sign in bathroom saying if you forgot any toiletries they will supply it complimentary). The only drawback I found at the hotel was the beach, it was not on the Ocean but on the Harbour side the beach is nice, small, but nice and you can ssee the Cruise ships from the hotel, but if you want to lay on the beach right on the Ocean this may not be the resort for you. Overall I thiought it was great vacation value. I will happily answer any questions.

d Nov 19th, 2001 11:16 AM

topppppppp

Sue Nov 19th, 2001 12:35 PM

There are two different Holiday Inns; Sunspree is on Paradise Island and a DIVE and Holiday Inn Junkaroo is right in downtown Nassau but this one gets much better reviews.

Lisa Nov 19th, 2001 12:42 PM

Another inexpensive hotel would be the Nassau Beach Hotel on Cable Beach (very nice beach area)and if you prefer to be on Paradise Island than Comfort Suites which also gives you full use of the Atlantis.