Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Anything going on at the old Castle Harbor? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/anything-going-on-at-the-old-castle-harbor-60966/)

JW Jan 26th, 2000 06:36 PM

Anything going on at the old Castle Harbor?

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a hotel to open where the old Marriott Castle Harbor was? As one of the few hotels with a full size golf course on the premises and a beach, I gotta believe another proprietor will open something there.

Paula Apr 21st, 2000 10:32 AM

Ok, I know I'm going to sound way out of touch here, but I stayed at the Marriott Castle Harbor hotel just a few years ago and loved it. It was my husband's and my first trip there, and have longed to return ever since. Why did the hotel close? It was great? And the golf course, is it run by someone else? And what became of the private beach? Does someone else own it now? I hope someone opens a hotel there because it was a great location for us.

A May 20th, 2000 06:23 AM

We've been to Castle Harbor 2x and loved it both. We think it has the best beach in Bermuda. I would like an update also if anyone knows if any other company has taken over the management. When we were there last June we were told that it was going to be renovated into a 5*.

West Jun 18th, 2000 04:21 AM

<BR>Is the golf course still in operation ???????

Anon Sep 8th, 2000 04:25 PM

<BR>Any news at all on Castle Harbor? Last I heard the golf course was scheduled to reopen this fall. Anyone know if it's on schedule?

Kris Sep 10th, 2000 03:32 AM

I am very interested to know about what will be opening at this property also. I never got to see this hotel.

Joe Sep 11th, 2000 04:16 AM

<BR>The Marriott was dark & outdated in 96, but still a great place to stay because the food & staff was great. The course was the best on the island, in my opinion.

Penny Sep 11th, 2000 05:36 AM

The last I read was that Dallas based Rosewood Resorts is interested in remodeling and managing a new resort. To me Castle Harbor never had the true feeling of Bermuda-just a large Marriot,with great golf and Palm trees. We are going to Bermuda in early October-I will post any info when we return.

Jack Sep 11th, 2000 06:57 AM

According to www.bermuda-online.org, it hotel is to be torn down and a new resort is to be built by new owners/developers. I know nothing about the golf course.

Rick Sep 12th, 2000 05:25 PM

We have friends who live in Paget, Bermuda and they told us when we visited them last summer that the Marriott is to be demolished and something new will be built in its spot. The Japanese restaurant that was in the Marriott is now located on Front Street in the building that used to house the Surf Club. The Surf Club is now closed and Jimmy Keys no longer performs on the island.

penny Oct 11th, 2000 03:28 PM

Just got back from Bermuda. The Marriot has not been knocked down Yet! Rosewood is still looking to developing a new hotel. The golf course is open.

Misty Oct 12th, 2000 12:49 PM

<BR>The ENTIRE course ??? <BR>(fingers are crossed) <BR>Misty

penny Dec 11th, 2000 06:39 AM

Just read on the Bermuda Gazette web site that Rosewood has announced plans for the Tucker's Point Club on the 200 acre Castle Harbor site. Plans are for 108 bed all suite hotel, private homes and townhouses, waterfront restaurants and improvements on the golf course.

Karen Jan 25th, 2001 07:57 PM

I was surprised to hear that Marriott had closed the Castle Harbor. I was there back in the mid 80's and it was, in my opinion, the best hotel in Bermuda, but then I like secluded hotels. Hope someone develops the property, would definitely like to go back.