*Anyone swim w/ dolphins in Cancun?

Old Feb 3rd, 1998, 04:58 PM
Tammy

*Anyone swim w/ dolphins in Cancun?

I am looking for a place where you can swim with the dolphins in Cancun. Please share your experience with me.

Thank you.
Tammy

Old Feb 8th, 1998, 07:26 AM
Brian

There is a place about an hours drive called Xcaret. It will cost you US$35 to get in which you can put on your master card and another US$75 if you want to swim & play with the dolphins and it has to be cash...no credit cards.
Good luck especially in the spring with many many tourists. You have to get in to Xcaret BEFORE they open to get a number and a reservation. You can not get reservations in advance. Good luck!

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 07:19 PM
Kevin

The Xcarat is REALLY touristy ! Take a boat trip to
Isla de Mujures - about 1 hr; they have a Swim with the Dolphins program that was truly fancinating - they will video tape you doing 4 different tricks with the dolphins. Truly a lifetime experience and it is in their natural environment -not a Sea World type tank.
Have a blast !!

Old Feb 17th, 1998, 02:58 PM
LISA VARGAS

HI TAMI,
A FRIEND AND MYSELF WENT TO CANCUN LAST YEAR, AND
WE WERE SUPPOSE TO SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS BUT THE
MAN WE BOOKED OUR TOUR DID NOT INFORM US THAT YOU
NEED TO MAKE RESERVATIONS A DAY AHEAD OF TIME.A
ISLAND CALLED ISLA MAOYARAS IS WERE YOU WOULD GO
YOU CAN CATCH A FERRY FROM CANCUN .

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 05:44 AM
harriet

Hi Tammy, take heed of the previous postings. They are right on the money. As soon as you check in your hotel, go to the tour desk and request a rservation with Dolphin Encounters,take the local bus to Fat Tuesdays, get a tkt for the ferry, grab a cab at the pier in Isla Mujeres to the Dolphin Encounter, it is probably the most natural habitat type swim you will ever see. Harriet

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 04:33 PM
andrew

Can you tell me approx. how much the
dolphin encounter costs. we are going next week.
thanks. And are reservations req. on ferry?- Andrew

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 09:01 PM
harriet

Hi, if memory serves me correctly I think it was $75 this includes a half hour instruction before you even get wet. Take the ferry from Fat Tuesday,tickets are available there,grab a cab,about $12 plus tip. It is worth every penny...Yes, you must make reservations, call even before you unpack,classes are small and in high demand. I posted Dolphin Encounters, actually it is Dolphin Discovery... Harriet

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 09:09 PM
harriet

Sorry Andrew, I mis%3Dread your message, no you do not
need reservations for the ferry. Harriet

Old May 14th, 1998, 04:41 AM
Julie

I went to Cancun with a family who went to swim with the dolphins - they were disappointed... poor dolphins just sat there.

Old May 14th, 1998, 04:23 PM
jane

Isle de Mujures is the place to go. You can get a ferry from several places. We had to take a taxi to town from one departure and landed at the dock in town the last time. That was much faster and you didn't have the taxi fare. We rented a golf cart to get around. Got to the Dolphin place with no trouble. Also while you are there you can enjoy the island. It's not so touristy. Have fun with the dolphins!