Anyone Stayed at Royal Palms Inn?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:24 AM
jacob

Anyone Stayed at Royal Palms Inn?

I am going to Bermuda in September for a wedding anniversary. We were thinking of staying at the Royal Palms Inn. Has anyone stayed there? Any other suggestions that are not overpriced? THANKS.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 02:34 PM
marie

If this is Royal Palms Inn in Bermuda, I have heard that it is wonderful, but have never been...much better than some other resorts.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 08:52 AM
Bob

While I have never been to Royal Palms or Bermuda (for that matter), their website is www.royalpalms.bm

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:58 AM
Chrissy

Jacob:

Don't know if you still need this info, but we stayed at the Royal Palms last April and were very happy with it.

It is right on outskirts of Hamilton in a quiet residential area. Its a very nice walk to Hamilton. It does not have water views, but they have lovely gardens and a spectacular on site restaurant called Ascots.

They offer a daily continental breakfast buffet and service is personal.

I think a good value and if you want to stay near Hamilton, a great location.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want more.

Chrissy

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 10:05 PM
xyz

Jacob,
We have just returned from a week long stay at Royal Palms Hotel in Hamilton and are very satisfied with the hotel.
Small. About 25 rooms. Very personal service. You get to meet the owners. They actually work there. There is air-conditioning + ceiling fans, eventhough the house is 98 years old. Very elegant and charming. "Bombay Company"
-style furnishings. Hair dryers and iron + ironing board in the room. If you request a mini-suite, you can also get a refrigerator, toaster oven, coffee maker, electric pot for hot water, microwave, all utencils, pots, glasses, cups, etc. etc.... There is a small pool + a very elegant, small restaurant on site (Ascots). They do include continental breakfast buffet each day, however, it can be a bit disappointing after a day or two because they do not change the menu at all ! Same thing over and over.....
If you go, the weekend housekeeper, Leni, seems to be rather very...lazy, so please pay attention to her work....we had to clean ourselves after she left!!!The weekday housekeeper is great and does her job wonderfully.
Overall, it is a place I would definitely recommend (despite Leni) and would return to myself....if you have any specific questions, please post them here and we'll respond.
Have lots of fun.