Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Anyone stay @ Atlantis Royal Towers Imperial Club? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/anyone-stay-atlantis-royal-towers-imperial-club-247103/)

Don Aug 7th, 2002 07:21 PM

Anyone stay @ Atlantis Royal Towers Imperial Club?

Hello All,<BR><BR>We will be staying at the Royal Towers Imperial Club @ Atlantis in early September. Has anyone stayed there, and what were the accomodations like. Any info would be great. Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>Don

jack Aug 7th, 2002 08:21 PM

Oh no.<BR>Here we go again.<BR>Hey Don, check the archives.<BR>You'll find a boatload of (very strong) opinions there.<BR>I'll stay out of this one.<BR>

Don Aug 8th, 2002 12:01 PM

Hello Jack,<BR><BR>Thanks for your reply and not bashing Atlantis like many of the posts I have already read. I am looking for persons that have stayed at the Royal Towers Imperial Club that can share their experiences with me. We are going and we will have a good time reguardless of the negative comments posted here. I chose the Imperial Club because they offer light snacks and beverages throughout the day and evening. We figure to save money by using this to limit the number of meals we have to purchase on site and off site. If I wanted to cook while on vacation I would have selected the Harbor Club. We chose a September vacation because most of the kid's will be in school however, I enjoy watching kids be kids and having fun. Most of the negative post that I read here seem to be from people whom would not have had a good time if it were free. They seem to be hard to please and very impatient. I am going to relax and not to be rushed through dinner or anything else for that matter. I also treat wait staff with the same respect that I expect, while most of the posts I have read seem to be from people that want it NOW. Sorry people, this ain't Burger King and you don't always get it your way. If you want it like it is at home(STAY HOME).<BR>Sorry for the brief rant and rave, but some people wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a brand new rope. Any comments either negative or positive about the Royal Towers Imperial Club would be welcome. If you are unhappy with your past trip to Atlantis or the service you received/didn't receive, post it on your own thread.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for you comments on the Imperial Club.<BR><BR>Don

may Aug 8th, 2002 12:19 PM

Don, the only comment I'd make is that I find that people who go to Atlantis with "their eyes open", having read and researched, determined to have a good time, usually DO have a good time.<BR>Sounds to me like you've done your homework, you know what you're paying for and I'd bet you'll be happy with your Atlantis experience.<BR>If only everyone went on vacation as prepared, there'd be a lot fewer rants at this board.

Erin Aug 8th, 2002 12:54 PM

Dear Don<BR><BR>We stayed at the Royal Towers Imperial club about 1 1/2 years ago. We reserved 2 adjoining non smoking rooms. When we got to the room the last occupant must have had a cigar party in there. It was so awful. We could not stay in the rooms and they had no more adjoining rooms. The rooms are just ok, nothing spectacular. The food on that level is not what you get at the ritz carlton club level. It's not what you'd expect. There was nothing my children liked so I had to buy them breakfast and lunch anyway. We stayed at the Atlantis once because it a place you go because everyone goes but you're in no hurry to go back.. It reminds me of a cheap cruise ship.

Mike Aug 8th, 2002 01:45 PM

Well stated, Erin.<BR>I agree completely with everything you said.