Anyone like ANY hotel in Bermuda

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Debbie

Anyone like ANY hotel in Bermuda

We are trying to plan a trip to Bermuda and it seems there are only bad reviews of hotels. Has anyone been recently and loved where they stayed?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Kurt

What price range were you looking for? There are many nice hotels in Bermuda.<BR>Southampton Princess, Elbow Beach, etc

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Parrot Mom

All expert advice on Bermuda by Bermuda Obsessed People are at.../www.keyguide.com/cgi-local/index.cgi

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 05:17 PM
SueOz

We have nothing but good things to say about the Reefs!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Debbie

I have actually heard wonderful things about the reefs and it seems to be our top choice. Have heard not great things about elbow beach and Southampton Princess even though they are supposed to be great. I stayed at Elbow Beach a few years ago, but it seems things have gone downhill. We are willing to pay the ridiculous rates that seem to be the norm now, but would like the hotel to be worth it. any comments on Ariel Sands and Pink Sands? Thanks. By the way, went to the website that Parrot mom recommends over and over. Did not find it very helpful.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Parrot Mom

Hi Debbie..I highly recommend that site, because these people live and die for Bermuda..there is nothing they don't know about that place.. that's all you have to do is ask a question and I can guarantee you will get an answer within a day..if not sooner.They go to Bermuda winter and summer, hotels, cruises, B&Bs and know every inch of that island, restaurants, beaches, pubs, shopping, walking trails. They even have regional meetings.. I have personally met several of them at a Boston BOP meeting..fun people.. all ages.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Sure

Cambridge Beaches was heavenly.<BR>And everyone raves about the Reefs.<BR>I'd also like to try Ariel Sands next time.<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Been to Bermuda

Been to Bermuda many times. There isn't a bad hotel. Try the Bermuda Collection which is small hotels. Elbow (right on the beach) & the Princess hotels are big if you like that. The south shore hotels are best for being on the beaches; there are also nice spots in Hamilton, but try to be at one where there is access to the terrific ferry/bus system so you can get around - cabs are expensive. Enjoy!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:31 AM
nina

We stayed at Elbow Beach in October and loved it. Great location, stay in the main hotel (not cottages) as it was more recently renovated. It has a wonderful beach. My only complaint was the cost of breakfastn (about $ 50 for 2). Walk down the hill to the paraqeet for a good inexpensive breakfast.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Cheryl

We stayed at Cambridge Beaches a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.