Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Anyone have an opinion on Coconut Coast condos?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:12 PM
Jenny

We are definately looking to book with them. Just wanted an idea if anyone has had a pleasant experience with this location. Thanks in advance!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:02 AM
Nature

Presuming you mean at St. John (?), I was advised by a friend who had stayed there that is was very good and the brochures and photos made it look appealing also. However, back in Nov, while on a visit camping at Cinnamon Bay, I considered it for the night before island departure. Took a walk, finally found it, and was absolutely not impressed - the front overlooks a trash-filled lagoon, and it backs up to a useless rocky shore. Its physical location I found stiffling and access to it difficult as it lies between two hills from Cruz Bay. At another location it would look much more inviting.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:20 AM
Mary

Jenny,<BR>Ignore Nature Boy. I stayed at Coconut Coast last year and I'm staying there again this year. The units are on Turner Bay which is not a &quot;rash filled lagoon&quot; in the slightest. It's a rocky beach but the sunsets over St Thomas are spectacular.<BR>The units are clean and comfortable but not fancy. <BR>The location is walking distance to Cruz Bay and is quite convenient. There is an uphill climb but it's not bad at all.<BR>Have fun!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:39 AM
Lynn

Jenny, we were tempted to stay there this spring but when we e-mailed them to check on availability for the dates we wanted, they never even responded to our e-mail. We ended up booking with Mahogany Tree Villa, which was where we really wanted to stay in the first place anyway. But we were really turned off by the lack of response from the folks at Coconut Coast. I hope you have better luck!<BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:28 PM
Jenny

I actually have gotten a really good response from them. We booked yesterday afternoon. And, we are on a tight budget and it seems wonderful. We are going for our Honeymoon and are very adventurous...so mainly a place to eat and sleep! Can't wait though..thanks for your repsonses!

Old Sep 20th, 2003, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jenny,

Did you finally stay there? How was it. We're thinking of booking for this January.