TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION

Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION

I just got back from spending a week in Grand Cayman, and I have visited the Cayman Islands more than 10 times, so I thought that I would share my TOP 5 must-do in Grand Cayman list for those of you who are planning a vacation. ENJOY!

Top 5 Must-Do List- Grand Cayman
1. SPEND A DAY AT RUM POINT- Rum Point is on the East End of Grand Cayman, and it's a 20-30 minute scenic drive from downtown George Town. I would suggest leaving early in the morning, so that you can claim your own hammock at Rum Point, since it can get busy depending on how many cruise ships are on island. Relax in the beach lounge chairs and swim in the beautiful blue ocean water all-day-long. There is a casual dining restaurant at Rum Point, or you could pack a picnic-style lunch to enjoy. Don't forget to order a Cayman Mudslide- they are the best on island!

2. STINGRAY CITY- No trip to Cayman would be complete without a trip to Stingray City! I like to go early morning, since the weather is not as hot and it's typically less crowded. During the stingray city tours, you will also have the chance to get in some snorkeling, too. Once you're at Stingray City, don't forget to do the Stingray Shuffle, so that you don't accidentally step on a stingray.

3. SEVEN MILE BEACH- What's better than a day at the beach? Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The sand is bright white and so soft, and the water is that clear ocean blue color. There are many places to go along Seven Mile Beach, but my personal favorite spot is Royal Palms.

4. EAT AND DRINK- Cayman is not a cheap place to dine, but the restaurants in Cayman are SO GOOD. I have too many favorites to name them all, but a few on my must-do list are The Wharf (Fine Waterfront Dining), Calypso Grill (Seafood), Casanovas (Italian), Sunshine Grill (Budget), and I love to have Sunday Brunch at either the Westin, Luca or Ritz Carlton. My favorite happy hour spots are Sunset House, The Wharf and Camana Bay, which has some nice happy hour specials. If you want to enjoy some local-flavor, I suggest Seymore's Jerk Chicken downtown, and you can order Conch Fritters as an appetizer at just about any restaurant- don't forget to order an extra side of Jerk Mayo for dipping!

5. DUTY FREE SHOPPING- Make sure to arrive to the airport early, so that you have time to get all of your duty-free shopping done! I typically pick-up some Cuban cigars for my dad and boyfriend at the airport. Note: You can bring them into the US, as long as you take off the cigar bands. Also, don't forget your duty-free liquor! I usually buy Tortuga Rum and Havana Club Rum, since you can't buy these in the US, and I always stock-up on plenty of Tortuga Rum Cakes! The Golden Original Tortuga Rum Cake is my favorite flavor, and the 6-pack boxes of Tortuga Rum Cakes make great gifts for friends and family.

There are so many great things to do in Cayman, and these are just a few of my favorites. Cayman is also a great place for doing absolutely nothing because sometimes you want to have a nice, relaxing vacation and do nothing buy lay on the beach! I hope that my trip report will help you plan a memorable and fabulous vacation to the Cayman Islands. Have fun!
Old Oct 24th, 2014, 12:23 AM

I'm not sure I could spend a whole day at Rum Point. It was so crowded. The duty free area at the airport is very small and the stores all sell more or less the same items. Sometimes you can find the same items in other stores less expensive than so-called duty free stores. Out of the top 5, I would do 2,3 and 4 and add other activities, such as snorkelling and scuba diving.
Old Oct 27th, 2014, 09:20 AM

The beauty of GC is all under water.....period.

I have to agree with Odin on Rum Point. I thought is was way too crowded, and the beach is small. You are not allowed to bring your own cooler...which is a joke. Sorry, but there are way better places to hang....Rum Point is a tourist trap area made for cruise shippers.....yuck.

My top 5 things to do on GC would be:
1. Dive
2. Snorkel
3. Dine at some amazing restaurants
4. Dive
5. Snorkel

Mix in a few cocktails, and you're good!! ;-)