Anyone been to Sonesta Beach Resort in Bermuda?

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:33 AM
amy

Anyone been to Sonesta Beach Resort in Bermuda?

Please tell me everything! Is there affordable restaurants like under $50.00 for 2?

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Papaya Pie

Hi Amy,
Never stayed there, but I can recommend a restaurant for great fish sandwiches w/ mustard tartar sauce, cheap by Bermuda standards: The Ice Queen. There's one in Paget & one in Hamilton. And Port O' Call used to have a wonderful early bird full course dinner. We ate there every day one trip. In 97 it was 20 BDA pp, inc. dessert. Easiest way to save on eating out is to not order alcohol, colas or iced tea --- expensive. They prefer you pay for bottled water, but will bring you tap if you ask, but don't ask for a lot of refills. Water is precious on the island. We usually ordered mineral water w/dinner & then bought a bottle to carry with us. Bought cokes at the grocery store & kept in the mini fridge.

Oh, & remember, refills are not free.

Have fun!
~PP

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Susie

Stayed there Sep 1999. Perfect protected beach. Pub/restaurant across the street (up the hill) with nightly entertainment and excellent food.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 05:26 AM
penny

The pub restaurant across the street is Henry the VIII 's-down the road is Tio Pepe, and PawPaws. A favorite is Hamilton is The Hog Penny.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 06:38 PM
joan

Well, Amy, my husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon in August of 1977. That's right, 1977!!!!!!! And, 23 years and two daughters later, we're still happily married!

I know this isn't what you had in mind, but I couldn't resist bragging. The hotel was beautiful, set on cliffs with great snorkeling all around the base, and with a sandy cove on one end. While we were there, the staff at the hotel staged a "slowdown" - that is, kind of like a strike, but they come to work and perform their tasks very slowly. It was so weird, the waiters would stroll very slowly through the restaurant. Never saw anything like that before or since.

Bermuda and the Sonesta were the beginning of long and wonderful love affair with tropical vacations - and with each other!

Enjoy!

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Amy

Thank you all for your responses! Sounds very nice. Where exactly is Paget and the Ice Queen? ARe they near the Sonesta or do you have to take a taxi? Are there buses? Thanks again