Notices

Anyone been to Dominica?

Jun 29th, 1998, 03:45 PM
stacy

Anyone been to Dominica?

We are going to Antigua in November and are considering a side-trip to Dominica. Any thoughts, impressions, activity/hotel recommendations? We like to snorkel, maybe do some hiking (not too challenging)and like nature but aren't major league nature-lovers. Thanks.

Jul 5th, 1998, 09:23 PM
cathy oberbeck

Our family took a cruise to the carribean last November and one of our stops was Dominica. It was our favorite stop. It looked like what you would think the carribean used to look like. The people were wonderful and very friendly. I would reccomend staying a couple of days there. If you are into nature stuff instead of shopping, this island is for you. Go snorkling in the Champange area. Bubbles rise through geo-thermal vents as you are under the water, beautiful fish also. Hike to Trafalgar falls, early in the morning, especially if there is a cruise ship in port. Many, many places to see. Write to me if you want more info. Have lots of fun

Jul 6th, 1998, 10:04 AM
Phil Greenfield

My wife and I were there to dive & site-see in 1984. Fabulous variety of things and places to go. The east side is rugged being that it faces the Atlantic but the west side is where all the diving is. I've logged over 250 dives and believe this spot is probably closest to the preverbial "lost world". I saw sea horses, nudibranchs (?), etc. although most life is prolific, it's small. Be very careful about how you care for items. We had a camera stolen.

Search this Thread