Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Anyone been to Captain Don's or Sanddollar condos in Bonaire?
Notices

Anyone been to Captain Don's or Sanddollar condos in Bonaire?

May 30th, 1998, 05:46 PM
Debbie

Anyone been to Captain Don's or Sanddollar condos in Bonaire?

We are considering going to Bonaire in September or October, 1998, can anyone tell me how the accomodations are at either Captain Don's or Sanddollar Condos? What about the food? I have checked out the dive bulletin boards and both dive operations seem fine. Thanks for any info.

May 31st, 1998, 10:01 AM
ron

would overall recommend SD overCD feel free to email
me directly for any information

May 31st, 1998, 07:02 PM
bob cook

my sister and brother-in-law owned a condo(actually a town house)at the sand dollar and it was a great place! very laid back and quiet with a very nice "american restaurant" called the green parrot.the owners are from the usa originaly and serve great food.there is a small beach and really good snorkeling right off the shore.make sure you spend a day at the pink beach(the sand has apink hue to it!!),rent a vehicle and drive around the island,and drive through the national park...the scenery is breath taking! also,see the salt marshes...one of the only places in the world where pink flamingoes nest.also,there is a small bakery just off the main business street(cant remember the name),that has wonderful bread,but get there early because they run out quickly! bonaire is a wonderful place to get away from the rat race and just unwind and sand dollar is one of the best places to do it!

Search this Thread