Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   anyone been to Bermuda in May? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/anyone-been-to-bermuda-in-may-690928/)

loxigold Mar 25th, 2007 07:22 AM

anyone been to Bermuda in May?

I hear so many conflicting reports on Bermuda, wondering if anyone's been there recently. We're planning to go in early May (second week), wondering about weather, costs (I've tracked down a few reasonably priced places), etc. Any and all comments very appreciated! Thanks.

girlonthego Mar 25th, 2007 07:35 AM

Weather is different every year. We went to Bermuda in May about 5 years ago. The weather was very nice. The days were warm, beach weather, but nights needed a light sweater. If it rains, it is definitely cooler, but a sweater will do. I found the ocean chillier than expected. The Ocean temps were much warmer in October (we went a few times after that may trip in Oct.).
But, everything is relative. There are more hurricane chances in Oct because the water is warmer.
I believe you will have a nice time in May. I am sure the weather will be very pleasant.
On cost, all islands are pricey and Bermuda is no exception. It is a beautiful island with very friendly people and excellent food. I found it to be a more upscale island in a sort of preppy, english way. It is a quiet island with very little nightlife, but the hotels offer some. It is one of our favorite place. My husband rarely likes to repeat a destination for vacation. He would go to Bermuda again tomorrow.

klg Mar 25th, 2007 07:43 AM

My husband and I were there 2 years ago in early May. We "lucked" out and had wonderful weather with the exception of one afternoon when I had to put on capris and a jacket (lightweight). The rest of our time (we were there for 4 nights) the temperature was low 80's and beautiful sunshine. I too was concerened about the weather. Wanted to honeymoon there 12 years ago (May), but was unsure about the air and water temp. Went to Aruba instead and tried Bermuda for our 10th anni. Although the air temp was perfect the water temp was too cold for me. I waded, but never made it totally in. I've been spoiled by summer vacations in the warm caribbean waters of STJ and Anguilla.

We stayed at the Pink Beach Club. Breakfast and dinner were included in our room rate.

Good luck with your decision. In my opinion it's a crap shoot! But isn't that the case anywhere you go?

BermudaObsessed May 9th, 2007 01:37 PM

KLG, going to PBC in JUne...Did you like it? we usually go to cambridge beaches

klg Jun 10th, 2007 07:27 AM

Sorry for the delay in my response. Haven't been to the site for awhile. We did enjoy our stay at PBC (staff were pleasant and accomodating)however if we were to go again I would probably try "The Reefs". Initially those were the 2 hotels I was interested in. I don't have anything negative to say about PBC, but also I can't think of anything drawing me back there either. To sum up my opinion my sister and her husband are planning a trip to Bermuda and I told them to check out both PBC and The Reefs and decide for themselves. Enjoy! I'd be interested in hearing what you think after your trip.

klg

BermudaObsessed Jun 23rd, 2007 06:29 PM

thanks! How were the 2 beaches? What type of room did you stay in?