Any recent visits to Meridian Club?

Jan 24th, 2002, 02:23 PM
sheila

Any recent visits to Meridian Club?

Considering a visit to Meridian Club June/July. Are the beaches empty? Food ok? Side trips? Oh, how private are the rooms vs. Cottages?? Any comments would be appreciated. Sounds great but would like a first-hand recommendation. Thanks!

Jan 24th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Dudley

Email me in the end of February and I'll be happy to let you know.

Jan 24th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Karen

I absolutely loved Meridian. Altho my trip was comin' up on 2 Springs ago, it was fantastic! The rooms really are surprisingly private and the screened porches a delight! They reported redid the baths and have not heard how they turned out. Since there are only 12 rooms joined in groups of 4 and spread out along the beach, it was wonderful. We had the last one at the end and were thrilled with the location. The Sand Dollar Cottage is off to itself and is a one room cottage unless you are referring to the homes on the island. The beach is fabulous and just goes on forever! Just got a postcard from them ... and have the others that they routinely send on the fridge. I loved it and it is quiet and pristine! We had a great time at dinner and after with the small group that was there at the time but then, some prefer to not socialize. And believe it when they say, barefoot!! They used to be a seasonal resort and close for part of the Summer into the Fall. They do have visiting chefs and when we were there happened to run into the same chef that was at the Ritz on STT when we were there the previous Fall. Food was good - presentations and menus were excellent. Are they now open for part of the summer?

Jan 24th, 2002, 07:57 PM
fran

This place sounds great. Where is it?

Jan 24th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Karen

www.meridianclub.com
Pine Cay, a short flight from Provo

Jan 25th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Sheila

Thanks Karen. I didn't notice that they are closed in the summer on their web page. Takes care of that!
Thanks so much for everyones help - I appreciate it!

Jan 25th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Karen

But do think about doing it in the Spring! I don't go after early December nor before April because it is not as warm as the Caribbean - but don't cross it off your list forever! It is lovely!

Jan 26th, 2002, 03:50 PM
W

I've read people go to dinner in their bare feet! I'm suprised at a fancy place like this. Do they wear fancy clothes with their bare feet?

Jan 26th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Karen

fancy clothes? just resort casual clothing - nothing "fancy." Linens, cottons, long or short skirts/dresses; men relaxed usually long pants, nice shirts (don't remember any shorts other than at jump up one nite). and many wear sandals rather than go barefoot but it is an option!

Apr 7th, 2002, 03:30 PM
MH

Just returned from a week at the Meridian Club. Resort consists of 12 rooms in duplex style on a DESERTED 2 mile beach. Yes, the beach is virutally deserted, save for the few hotel guests and absolutely breathtaking. The rooms are very private and I would recommend them highly unless you have a large family, in that case you may want to rent a cottage. Rooms are decorated simply but tastfully with tropical Haitian art. Food was very good, and consists of three meals a day. There was a visiting chef from Martha's Vineyard during my stay. Dinner usually involves a choice of three entrees except for the nights where there is a "jump up", an outdoor barbeque with entertainment. There are free daily excursions to neighboring cays and a daily snorkeling trip. Also, fishing can be arranged for an additional charge. Attire is casual, however collared shirts at dinner are requested, shoes are optional. There is no tv, phones, or radio, so it is definitely a getaway. I'd go back in a heartbeat. It was absolutely wonderful.

Apr 11th, 2002, 08:55 AM
bob

My wife and I just returned from the Meridien Club about 10 days ago. It is wonderful if you love nature, privacy and peace and quiet. The beach is to die for - it may well be the most perfect, totally uninhabited beach I have ever seen and I have seen more than a few! More than once I looked up and down the entire 2 mile length of the beach and saw NOBODY! I didn't think that was still possible. My wife particularly enjoyed the excellent shelling for sand dollars. The food was outstanding and way too abundant. The staff are attentive and very friendly as were the other guests. The rooms are adequate and consistent with the overall feel of the place - simple and just large enough but clean and directly on the beach. The only drawback for us was that the snorkeling requires a boat trip and is only available once a day. Now, for the bad new...I understand that the Meridien Club is closed to outside guests from June 1 until November 1. But May would be wonderful I'm sure.

May 22nd, 2003, 09:30 AM

Any recent reports! Kat are you back???