Hotels for 11 mo. old

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 08:00 AM
Liz

Hotels for 11 mo. old

My husband and I want to go somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico in March. We have an 11 month old baby. Any ideas for nice places with programs that take infants?

Thanks,

Liz

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 09:51 AM
Lara

Not the Caribbean, but my brother took his daughter (7 months) to Club Med Sandpiper in Florida. They had a Baby Club there and many of the guests had infants. He said they even had a "baby buffet" with baby food.

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 02:58 AM
K Noel

I'd leave my 11 month old with grandparents back home before putting him/her into a "program" at a hotel, even for 5 minutes. Why not chose a beautiful place that is child friendly and enjoy your little one in paradise? Just my opinion!

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 11:08 AM
stephanie

I would have to agree with K. Noel. I am not sure that there are many resorts with programs for children that young other than babysitting services. We have taken our daughter with us several times to beaches when she was about your child's age - L.A., St. Maarten and had fun - couldn't imagine having a stranger babysit while we had fun, took many priceless pics on beach. It's definetly more work and not as relaxing as you may like, but worth it to enjoy it with them - since you are already planning on taking him/her. Could you take a grandparent along?

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 01:25 PM
Diane

Personally, I'd save the Caribbean or Mexico for when your child older and can appreciate being somewhere "special." An unhappy toddler in a restaurant at home is no fun for the parents or other patrons, and even the sunniest, happiest kids get stomach aches, hate strange food, etc. They just want to go home (and I mean HOME!) That said, you may want to try Mexico. Families are always out together. In town and not just on the beaches. But unless you take a baby sitter, expect to keep the baby with you at all times. Cancun, Cozumel, or maybe Playa del Carmen would be good -- but try to avoid Spring Break time in Cancun.

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 03:17 PM
Lisa

Hi Liz,
We took our then 7-month-old son to Beaches Turks and Caicos for a week during Thanksgiving. We had a fabulous time. All three of us. Beaches offers such a wonderful children's center that I did not hesitate to leave him during the day so my husband and I could scuba dive or during the evenings so we could have dinner alone. The childcare is included in the all-inclusive price. A great time was had by all. No complaints, none what so ever.

If you need further information, please email me directly.

Good Luck!
--Lisa
PS I did not and do not regret bringing him along!