Search

Royal Carribean Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 1997, 06:59 AM
Michele

Royal Carribean Cruise

Looking into a Royal Carribean Cruise for family of
7 adults in January. It is a cruise to St. Maarten,
Martinique, St Thomas, Antiqua and Barbados. I have never taken a cruise and have reservations. What are the average age of people on cruises? Any comments?

Old Oct 1st, 1997, 05:01 PM
Lyndsay McLeod

I have been on Carnival, Norweigan and Royal Caribbean Cruise lines and enjoyed Royal Caribbean the best, going next week on Soeveriegn of The Seas to the Bahamas to introduce my family to cruise travel. I found Royal Caribbean cruise line very comfortable, great food and entertainment. The ages of people were of all ages, mostly 40 and up. Have a good time, your going on the intinerary I want to go on next.

Old Oct 2nd, 1997, 06:30 AM
David Murch

My wife and I have been on 5 RCCL cruises. You have chosen a first class cruise company. We have found the passengers' ages to be more in the 30-40yr range, though all ages were represented. When you're having fun, who's counting the years???

Bon voyage! David

Old Oct 2nd, 1997, 03:55 PM
Maureen

My husband and I did that same cruise last January on RCCL Monarch of the Seas. It was our 3rd RCCL cruise and as always the ship was very nice. There were all different ages of people and activities for all. 2 things I would stress is: 2nd seating for dining, you will not have enough time on the islands if you don't, and get to the shows early as seating is limited. Also, try to plan your island adventures ahead of time so you don't miss the things you really want to do. Fodor's cruise guide was very helpful for us. Hope you have a great time!

Old Oct 16th, 1997, 09:41 AM
Mindy Bilker

We were on the Nordic Empress in August. The ship was magnificent, clean, and the food delicious. The shows, I thought were better than Carnival, although my husband thought Carnival was better. The cabins were a little small, but sufficient for the three of us.

Old Oct 16th, 1997, 02:15 PM
Rod Hoots

My wife and I, seniors, have been on Royal Carribean for 6 of our 25 cruises. Great line with excellent accommodations, food, and service. Don't worry about ages of your family - on a large cruise ship there is something for everyone. Be sure you go on one of their big ships, like the Sovereign of the Seas. If you can afford it, get staterooms with verandas. It's not a major factor but the weather might be a little better in February. A cruise is the perfect family vacation - you will have a great time.

Rod

Old Oct 21st, 1997, 01:58 PM
Marsha

We took that same cruise last year. It was great, our second RCCL cruise. The cabins were a little small on the Monarch. The food was good. There are a lot of different choices.

When we cruised it was during spring break, so there were a lot of families. But there seemed to be a lot of single adults also. The shows were good, not great.

It is important to try to book your excursions early. We missed some of the best snorkeling excursions because they were sold out.