Any "must sees" in Nassau?

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Lisa

Any "must sees" in Nassau?

Just wanted to know if there is anywhere I shouldn't miss on my trip to the Bahamas??
Restaurants, clubs, bars, shops. Never been there before, so I really don't know much about it other than what I've read in travel books..looking for some honest answers.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Lee

Lisa, If you email me, I send along a copy of our trip notes from last May. It's nothing exciting, but it may help you out with some details.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Abby

Hi!

This answer depends totally on your budget. But, if you have the money, I would recommend dining at Graycliff Hotel. It is the only five-star restaurant in the Bahamas, and it was totally delectable! It is posh in an old-Bahamas style (not like posh at the Atlantis), and a real treat. Expensive, though we thought it was worth it!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 11:05 AM
mimi

we just got back and loved the Cable Beach area - you can walk down the beach - it's not totally built up. also, we loved johnnie canoes (it's a restaurant) we ended up eating there once a day!
have fun!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Daniel Williams

Hi

Honestly, I can't think of many "must sees" in Nassau, which in a way is good, because it allows the traveller to create his/her own itinerary. I highly recommend Bahamian Kitchen on Trinity Pl. in downtown Nassau for local cuisine. It's within easy walking distance of Prince George's Wharf and Bay St. I did also see the Governor's Mansion, a gorgeous church on George St., the Parliament buildings, the Parliamentary library and the Queen's Staircase. I wouldn't exactly call them "must sees", but they're pretty pink exteriored quasi-colonial style buildings near the heart of downtown. DAN

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Mo

Hi! What a great thread Lee, I'm headed to Nassau on my honeymoon in June. Could I please get an email version of your trip notes too? They would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Kim

ATLANTIS is a must to see. You can take a tour of the resort for about $25pp.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Bill

A real neat bar in the Nassau harbor area is the POOP DECK. Check it out, see who all has been there in the past and watch the boats sail in and out of the harbor.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Robert

Don't forget the beautiful coral reefs surrounding the island. Call a dive op there, and if you aren't a scuba diver, go on the snorkeling tours. I'd suggest Bahama Divers in Nassau. The Poop Deck is right above them. My gad! You could go on a morning snorkel trip to the Fish Hotel or Cannon Ball Reef(where the first James Bond films were made), the come back and eat grouper lunch at the Poop Deck. That would be one hell of a morning: seeing what you eat, then come back and feast. Bahama Divers will also video tape your snorkeling. Just a thought. Robert

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Tobey

Have been to Nassau 5 times. The one thing I would recommend doing is taking a city tour. It should be offered at most hotels and gives a very informative and interesting history lesson of the island