Any idea's for a great family destination?

Sep 18th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Laurie

Any idea's for a great family destination?

Looking for any suggestions for a family vacation.
We have 4 children, ages 10, 14, 17, and 20.
This would be a once in a lifetime type trip, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Sep 18th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Penney

I would look into the Bucanneer Resort in St. Criox. It is a beautiful family resort with something for everyone.

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:30 AM
chiqita

it may look wonderful but I would not ever go to st.croix the crime is unbelievable and it's an extremly poor improvished island I know I lived there for 6 years.There are many more beautiful and safer places to go with the family.Aruba,turks and caicos,mexico but if you have your heart set on the usvi than consider st.John or tortola,virgin Gorda NOT st. Martain ,pr or st.croix.Jamica is another nightmare of crime and famine.if you want the states Captiva island Fl. is great!Good luck and where ever you end up have a great time.

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:34 AM
aa

What about St. Kitts and the new villa Marriott that is raedy for occupancy in Dec?
I have reasearched the island annd it seems like a lot to do for all ages.
Anyone have 1st hand info?

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Nancy

I love St. Kitts, but I don't think it affords that much to do for more than a few days for kids.
For that group, I'd suggest Cozumel or Playa del Carmen Mexico.
You can rent a condo or villa, go to ruins, dive, snorkel, horseback riding, shop, etc.
Lots to do for a variety of ages, and lots of different places up and down the coast to see and go that are an easy day trip.
On top of that, Playa del Carmen has one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen with sand so white and water so blue it almost hurts your eyes to look at it

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:58 AM
denette

Laurie,
My family loved St. John,we have two boys age 6 and 13, and we were there when they were 4 and 11, and they did everything we did, including snorkeling, my boys are naturals in the water, we let my youngest float on a kick board and he snorkeled as long as we adults stayed out. There are so many villas to choose from on St. John, we eat out some nights when on vacation, but cook in several nights, and eat late because we have lingered at the beach late, and then come in chill out around the pool,my husband and I have a cocktail, and do what we want, when we want on our own time table. It is truly a beautiful island with many, many beaches to snorkle daily. The day trips out of St. John are awesome, either sailing or going via power boat to other islands.

Another choice that we are considering for one our next trips(other than the Turks/Caicos), is Belize and Ambergris Caye. My family all LOVES to fish, spinner and fly fish,snorkel and my 13 year old is taking diving lessons now and I am going to take them also so I can dive with him- Belize according to my research seems to have all the above, and maybe your three older boys would enjoy that. My 13 yr. old has just been waiting till we thought he was mature enough to be able to be responsible enough to handle himself down under, my brother-in-law is an avid scuba diver and takes it very serious, and upon his advice we have waited, but Belize,especially Ambergris Caye seems to have just what we are looking for and might for children as varied in age as yours, give them several choices. Where ever you venture out, have a wonderful time, making lifetime memories, Safe Travel.