Any great tips for family of four?

Jul 1st, 2003, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Any great tips for family of four?

I've been lurking on the message boards for a while now and I've done a fair amount of research but still haven't been able to make up my mind as to where we'll go for vacation this January.

Here's our deal--family of four (a two year old and a six month old), interested in a very comfortable and beautiful setting, one that has access to pools and some activities but we also want a small resort-feel. We'd be thrilled with some type of setup that had bungalow's or villa's on the beach but is also part of a small resort, so we can have some level of organization and access to resources. We've looked at AI's and are interested, but again would prefer a small resort feel.

Thanks in advance.
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:03 AM

What's your price range for a family of 4 travelingduring high season? Moderate? Moderately upscale? Upscale? At least the most you'll get charged for the six month old is a crib fee, so that'll save you a few bucks!
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Hi there,

I'm actually in the moderate to moderate-high budget--any suggestions?
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM

the villas a barcelo bavaro beach resort in punta cana santo domingo is a nice family resort a lot of families with small kids go there i was there a few years ago but now we go next door alot activities for young children you can go on line mk travel & tuours is the travel agency we use every year they are great any questions e-mail me at [email protected] we are going there in august
Jul 7th, 2003, 03:47 AM

Family of 5 (kids are 9, 8, 7) just spent a week at Club Med (all inclusive) in Punta Cana and loved it.
Most guests were from France, Portugal, Canada, Australia - about 40% were from the U.S.
Food was good and healthy. Beach was beautiful and pool was great. Two large restaurants were buffet style. Main bar and beach bar were open all day with snacks available.

Jul 7th, 2003, 12:29 PM

razfamily, check out a couple of my trip reports, specifically Rondel Village and Nirvana, our kids loved both and the setup sounds like what you're looking for:

http://www.alink.com/personal/liz/negril/index.htm

Search this Thread