Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Caribbean Travel with 2 year old-Where to Go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Bruce

Any suggestions on where we (wife, me ,and 2-year old daughter) should go? Looking to go in April.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Lisa

Beaches on T&C or Jamaica and also FDR in Jamaica. Most other resorts do not have children's progams for those under 3.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Kayla

Try the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It's one of the few resorts geared towards families, although the food is expensive, it has alot of activities for children, though a 2 year old is probably too young to participate in any.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 04:12 AM
Sa ndy

Bruce,<BR>Grand Cayman is a very family oriented, child friendly island. With a 2 year old I would suggest a condo on 7 Mile Beach. Very safe island, and the weather in April is gorgeous!<BR>Sandy

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 08:09 AM
joyce

We traveled with 2 year old grandchild and her parents to the Iberostar Quetzal in Playa Del Carmen Mexico in May 2000.<BR>She loved it and the staff treated her like a little queen, bring her on stage at night, taking her to play (even though she was too young for the Children's Club).<BR>It and its sister hotel the Iberostar Parasio are wonderful and Mexico is usually less expensive than the Caribbean.<BR>Beaches Resorts and FDR as Lisa said do have programs even for infants but are much more expensive.<BR>Some Club Meds also have Baby Clubs, but I think there are a lot nicer resorts than Club Med in most cases.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 10:05 AM
Lee

My son will be 2 in Feb. He has traveled with us since 4 months of age. He has been to Bermuda 3 times, which is a place we love to go, a short flight from N.Y. (I don't know where you are from), the most beautiful beaches and children are very welcomed, <BR>April is the start of the so called "high season" in Bermuda. We usually go in May. We also took our son to the Atlantis in Bahamas when he was 1, for such a large place it seemed very understaffed for the amount of people, however it did have a good kiddie pool for our son and a quiet beach cove, which was also very nice. We did not really care for the food too much either. Atlantis was not our type of place, just too big for us. We have no desire to return, but that is just our opinion. We are going to take our son to Anguilla in April, staying at the CuisinArt Resort, it is on a gorgeous beach, infinity pool, a child's playground and the hotel only has 90 somewhat rooms. If you have any questions about Bermuda or Bahamas feel free to e-mail me.