Any dog-friendly restaurants in Provo?

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any dog-friendly restaurants in Provo?

My SIL is bringing her small dog on a family vacation. I just wondered if there are any restaurants with outdoor seating in Provo that might allow this. Thanks!!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM

I have never seen a dog at a restaurant, and I he out with Potcake Place, etc. I would say they're not allowed.

You need to make sure of a couple of things, unless it's a service dog:

1. That the resort you're staying allows dogs. I would say, unless it's a service dog, most do not allow it. (if you've seen dogs on properties it's from the actual owners of the units)

2. Most important: I hilly discourage you from bringing in a dog unless you are prepared to have it euthanized. Yes , they will take the dog and kill it. Make sure you follow everything and have paperwork done according to TCI laws. If shots are off by 1 day, or you didn't cross a "T", they will take the dog and kill it. No questions asked. If customs decides they changed the laws the day before you get there, they take the dog.

I have seem people bring in dogs. Only some are successful. Many cause serious problems.

There has been dog attacks of strays on North Caicos lately, so there is a serious urge right now to not allow any to come in into TCI.

There's a huge stray dog problem, so they want to make it hard to bring in dogs. They are making it hard on agencies that adopt out these dogs. They would rather kill them.

SERIOUS PROBLEM

Better yet, leave dog home. Go to Potcake Place and foster a puppy for the day on the beach. Maybe adopt another one.

Tell your SIL not to bring the dog unless she's willing to part with it.

I cannot stress this enough.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM

Agree with Blamona so much...we have friends that had a problem..they took the dog and killed it. It was a paperwork problem. Do not risk it.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

You guys are scaring me to death. Blamona, could you please elaborate on "the serious problems" you've seen?

I am a dog owner and dog lover, but never travel with mine.

I know my SIL has had all paperwork and shots done. What else can I tell her to do? She will not leave the dog home. HELP!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

caribzack,

I was just assured by Animal Health Services that they may refuse entry if paperwork is not in order, but will not take a dog and kill it. Untrue???
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

caribzack,

I was just assured by Animal Health Services that they may refuse entry if paperwork is not in order, but will not take a dog and kill it. Untrue???
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Weadles, if they refuse the entry to the dog, it basically means they will take him and kill him.

It's always difficult to bring in a dog, but since the dog attacks at North Caicos happened in Spring, it has gotten even worse.

I cannot stress enough, if she love her dog, leave him home!!!!!

I have a dog myself. I love him so much I will never take him to TCI.

I help out in TCI with Potcake Place, and another agency, TCTSPCA, do tremendous work.

Trust me when I say, if your SIL truly loves her dog, DON'T BRING HIM.

HE WILL DIE.

and all over a week's vacation?

I don't care what they tell you about shots, paperwork. All the assurances won't matter.

Here's the problem with denying entry, next flight out is next day, they have nowhere to place you to deny entry, and therefore take the dog and kill it. Understand the loophole?

I personally know of people this has happened to.

You tell your SIL that if she wants a dead dog, go ahead and take him. She has been warned.

AND if you're staying at WBC, I don't think they allow pets any.

What you tell your SIL is it's better to miss your dog a week or 2 than to have a dead dog.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Hell, with a warning like that, I can't imagine anyone taking the chance to bring their dog on vacation!! Isn't that what kennels are for?
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Blamona, I'm having trouble with this. Are you saying that your friends had all the necessary paperwork in order and were still denied entry or worse had their dog taken from them and killed?!

Animal Health Services has given me and SIL a list of what must be faxed to them ahead of our trip. They said that they will let SIL know within 48 hours of our departure if anything is missing.

SIL has taken the dog to other Caribbean islands with no problem. I do not want to take a chance on SIL's dog, which is like a surrogate child to her. But I want to make sure I have the facts straight first. Thanks!
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Weadles, I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself.

Friends have had the necessary paperwork, and customs said it was wrong.

Have all the trouble with this you want. Every country is different. Other Caribbean islands haven't had stray dog attacks lately.

Yes the paperwork was correct according to everything they had printed out, followed instructions to a "T". They killed the dog first, asked questions later.

Have all the trouble you want, but you will have a dead dog.

Do what you want. Ask the same question anyway you want. Have all the correct paperwork.

Still have a dead dog.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:52 AM

Yes, Blamona is correct...my friends know how much we love TCI and return often, they always say they would never go back for obvious reasons...very sad and very true.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:23 AM

For what it's worth, thought I'd throw this link out there - I haven't had much experience with this either way, but hope that this may help with your research in some way - http://www.agriculturetci.com