Any body been to Joyuda Beach?

Feb 24th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Any body been to Joyuda Beach?

Just wonder if anyone been to Joyuda Beach on the west coast in Cabo Rojo. Is the beach nice enough to swim? I am going to stay at the hotel...just want to make sure that we don't have to drive somewhere else to swim.

Thanks!
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:56 AM

I understand your concern about Joyuda. Joyuda is known more as a spot to go for seafood than for a good beach. I've never seen this hotel, but I know people who have beach properties on Joyuda, so there are spots of swimmable beach that people go to. However, you'll definitely find better beaches in Cabo Rojo (El Combate & Boqueron areas), Aguada (Rincon Beach Resort the only hotel I know about in Aguada), and Rincon (a good variety of hotels and guesthouses, but some beaches too rough for swimming). So if you're really concerned about having only a small, mediocre beach at the hotel (a possibility, though, again I've never seen it) you might want to get more information about places to stay in nearby areas. If you haven't already checked it out, www.gotoportadelsol.com is a good starting place.

Wish I knew more about Joyuda, but I haven't been there in years, and then only for the restaurants.
Feb 25th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi PRnative, Thanks so much. I guess we'll just have to see it there. I am sure we'll enjoy the seafood though.

Search this Thread