Antigua October12-19, 2008

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staying at Jolly Harbour Beach Club with Interval Int'l (JHR). Booked the Xtreme Circumnav tour with Eli Fuller, the fast boat!
Here's my question... if you only had 1 day on the Island of Antigua, what would you recommend someone do for that day, besides lay on the beach? BTW... I'm told the Jolly Harbour beach is fantastic. Do you agree? Regards,
Jim Mcc
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM

I think it is cool just to hire a driver to take you around and show you the island. It really is beautiful!
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 12:29 PM

If the history of the island/region is of interest, a visit to Nelsons Dockyard is a must.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM

We visited Jolly Harbour Beach Club, where we bought some art, but didn't get to the beach. Sorry I can't comment on that.

However, we rented a car for a day and drove the island so I would agree with knowing's suggestion to hire a driver. Doing it on your own is okay, but you get to focus more on the sights and less on the roads when someone else is behind the wheel.

Happy travels.
cdg
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your input,
it is much appreciated.

We will probably rent a car for a day or 2, I don't think we need it for a week.
The dockyard is a definite
stop on our trip. We love to explore the history of islands when we travel.
I'll let you know how we fared on the return, and I will post pictures of Jolly Harbour Interval timeshare, because what's on the net is not very informative.
Cheers!
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

We're back!!!!!!!!!
Ran into some tropical weather Wed/Thu... very exciting lightning and thunder. Jolly Harbour was nice, the people were friendly. Not impressed with St. John's. Never made Eli's tour, it was canceled, but did go on the Wadadli Catamaran... twice! The captain, Sheldon, was a great host, and the crew was FANTASTIC.The circumnavigation tour was great. What a picturesque spot for snorkeling, and about 3/4 of the way thru, we stopped in a cove to dive off the boat and swim! What a blast. These guys and gals are great and I highly recommend them . You have to make your own fun in life, but these folks made it easy.
We dined at Castaways in Jolly Harbour, which was very good. Great bunch of folks there too! Mellini's (? spelling) Italian restaurant was surprisingly good as well.
Lots of stuff closed due to season, but all-in-all we had a blast!
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Glad you had such a wonderful trip. It sounds like you were on the same catamaran day-trip we were on during our honeymoon stay. What fun!