Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere
Notices

Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere

Nov 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Antigua-Feb-please help me decide Jolly Beach or Grand pineapple or elsewhere

Hello,

My husband and I are finally getting away for 5 nights. Parents of teens and very busy. We want a nice, relaxing place. Does not have to be all-inclusive, but from what I see, it seems the AI option may be worth it. We don’t need super high-end. We are vegetarian and not big drinkers. The 3 places I was looking at were Jolly Beach Resort (great price and I see the beach area looks perfect), the Grand Pineapple, and Siboney Beach (not All-Inclusive). I have looked on previous posts but still cannot decide. I see mixed reviews. We have been to Iberostar and Dream properties and see people posting negative and positive. We are just so happy to be relaxing, we don’t really pay attention to all the minor complaints I see on the reviews.

I also want to take at least one excursion around the island. I say this b/c it seems Jolly Beach seems better for this.

Thanks for all your help. Oh the trip is in Feb.
Nov 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM
KVR

The Jolly Beach is going to be a good step down from the Iberostar and Dreams if that matters to you. Most of the complaints are about the food and the lowest catagory rooms. They also don't offer as many amenities as those resorts. Do pay for the better room catagory or a suite.

I would go just for price, the pool and beach, but we have stayed at many "low budget" AI's and not had a problem. It just depends on your expectations.

Search this Thread