Wedding-Honeymoon Ideas

Search

Wedding-Honeymoon Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding-Honeymoon Ideas

We think we have narrowed it to the BVI's and further more to Peter Island or Biras Creek. Ive also looked at Landera on St. Lucia.

Things we want. Few people. Fewer children. Somewhere that can make a wedding nice but not stressful (its only 2 of us). Good food. Beautiful water and beaches (quiet, NO jet skis). Good service (beach service would be nice, but not necessary if there is a bar nearby/walking distance.
Dont need television or cable tv. I like the idea of taking a dingy out alone from Biras (i think that was an activity).

I think this should give you a good idea of what we want. If there is an element ive missed, by all means, ask me!
Would love to discuss with you if interested and hear all opinions.
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 05:07 PM

Your criteria for this type of honeymoon means you need to stay at Caneel Bay Resort on St. John, America's Caribbean!

http://www.caneelbay.com/

I've lived on St. John past 9 years, and this is a top 5 WORLDWIDE resort for honeymoons...

When making reservations tell them you want HOneymoon Beach accommodations.

This resort is exactly want you want.
It features your criteria:
"Things we want. Few people. Fewer children. Somewhere that can make a wedding nice but not stressful (its only 2 of us). Good food. Beautiful water and beaches (quiet, NO jet skis). Good service (beach service would be nice, but not necessary if there is a bar nearby/walking distance.
Dont need television or cable tv."

Lifestyle and culture web site at:
www.virginvoices.com
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

I have looked at Caneel bay some. It looks very nice, but does mention "childrens programs". Are there generally few children around?
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:32 AM

Peter Island sounds lovely if you can afford it. We couldn't. We were looking for the no-people thing too, but didn't really care whether kids were there. We opted for Jalousie on St. Lucia, down the hill from Ladera but with four walls and air conditioning, vs. three walls and no A/C. Ti Kaye on St. Lucia might be worth looking into as well.

Looking back before even going, I still wish we could have splurged a bit more for Peter Island. Caneel was our next choic after that but still too pricey. Good luck.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:11 AM

Caneel is quite family friendly, and while it will not be overrun with kids, there will be more children there than at Biras, where the nightly charge for an extra person in the room is pretty hefty, making it difficult to afford for families. What's more, Biras is a Relais & Chateaux property, one of only about half a dozen in the Caribbean.

For your few people, fewer children criteria, look at the smaller, usually (but not always) more upscale resorts and do not travel during any school vacation weeks. Many resorts do not allow children during high season, and others by permission only. You could also consider the private island resorts, though it seems to me that of all of them, Peter Island is the most family-friendly. Maybe consider Guana Island, Palm Island, Parrot Caye, Petit St. Vincent, or Meridian Club.

I think that in the BVIs or the USVIs that Biras Creek is the resort best suited to you. But you could also consider renting a really nice villa with a staff, which would give you the ultimate in privacy. Check out A Dream Come True and Katitche Point, both large luxury villas that offer reduced rates for parties of two. There are lots more on the island to choose from, but these two are about the most deluxe.