anniversary trip in august

Jul 15th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

anniversary trip in august

I'm looking for a very low key but romantic location for a 30th anniversary trip. It should have a great beaches and a nice hotel. We will be there mid August. I was thinking about Trinidad & tobega or maybe Turks & Caicos.

Any thoughts? thanks
Jul 16th, 2008, 01:42 PM

Trinidad is not known for beaches, however, there are some nice ones on Tobago, and definitely low key and out of the hurricane belt, so a good choice. You might find some useful info here:

http://www.destinationcaribbean.net/...d=14&Itemid=35

Jul 19th, 2008, 01:21 PM

You might want to look at Palm Island in the Grenadines. I have been to romanatic places before, but this is definitely the best.
We had to overnight in Barbados and then fly on the next day. I actually loved the flight over to Union Island on the twin engine plane where we then made the 1 mile trip via boat. We were met with rum punch with little umbrella's out on the dock and walked to our cottage.
We had a great shower in the bathroom especially because there was a window with a view looking out to the sea - it was wonderful! We never turned the A/C on as it was total bliss listening to the sea lap up on shore at night. We had a small refrigerator that was stocked every day with pop, beer, an initial bottle of wine, and the most addicitve orange beverage. There is no TV and no phone - although there is a TV room if you must watch!
The employees are very friendly and the service was excellent.
The drinking water comes from a reverse osmosis system. The breakfasts are good. Lunch menus include burgers (go to the alternative restaurant for the better ones) Shrimp Angelique that was to die for, shrimp skewers etc.). For dinner there was rib eye steaks, an awesome weekly barbecue (incredible lobster)and fabulous native vegetables.
A quiet, superb beach.
So...If you want an anniversary trip where you can relax on a beautiful beach with crystal clear water, have a few cocktails at the bar at night, enjoy dining, and like sleeping close to the water, this place is a fantastic choice.

Search this Thread