Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Anguilla Weather (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/anguilla-weather-473889/)

tyler Sep 13th, 2004 09:21 AM

Anguilla Weather

I am planning a honeymoon for next August to Anguilla. We will be arriving August 21 and staying for two weeks. What is the weather like during late August/early Sept. Yes, I know it is hurrican season and I know that a nearby hurrican or tropical storm will severly alter the weather. When there are no storms however, is it still the rainy season? I can see the temps are usually in the upper 80s to low 90s with moderate humidity? Is there a nice breeze to keep you cool? Is it generally overcast, or do you still get the gorgeous blue sky shining off of the crystal clear water? With all of the hurricane activity this year, my fiancee has wavered a little, but we are still standing our ground!!! Does anyone know of any good sights to get weather updates for Anguilla, as well as historical data? Wunderground didn't look like it covered Anguilla...

Sunnyboy Sep 13th, 2004 09:49 AM

Anguilla is a very arid island so you are likely to see more sun than clouds and rain at anytime during the year. Typically, the skies will be bright blue, mostly sunny, with large white puffy clouds and because it's the tropics you may encounter very brief and very localized showers. Daytime temps will be in the mid-to-high 80's F. Some days will be breezy and others the wind will be calm (no telling what will show up on any given day). Of course, no one can predict now what the weather will be like a year from now and if a tropical front or tropical wave comes through while you are on island you could easily get a full day of clouds and rain. You should know that many of the resorts and restaurants close for the season in late August and for the Month of September. You should take that into consideration when making your plans.

Lois Sep 13th, 2004 10:39 AM

Are most resorts/restaurants open from October 1 through the high season?

Lois

Sunnyboy Sep 13th, 2004 10:50 AM

I found this list of restaurant closing posted on another forum site. I can't attest to its accuracy:

Closing of Restaurants, 2004
Restaurant Closing Re-Opening
Altamer July 27th November 1st
Barrel Stay June 30th November 1st
Blanchards August 28th October 19th
Covecastles August 23rd October 16th
Cedar Grove September 6th October 2nd
E?s Oven September 6th October 13th
English Rose Not Closing
Frangipani Restaurant August 16th November 1st
Ferry Boat Inn September 12th October 13th
Flavour?s August 14th Late October
George?s September 1st October 30th
Hibernia July Mid-October
Johnno?s Not Closing
Kemia September 1st October 30th
Le Beach Not Closing
Le Bistro August 31t November 1st
Madeariman Reef August mid November
Mangos July 31st November 1st
Malliouhana Restaurant August 31st November 1st
Oliver?s August 29th October 26th
Old House September 1st October 27th
Pimms September 1st October 30th
Pumphouse August? September 30th
Ripples Not Closing
Roys Not Closing
Straw Hat July Mid-Oct
Scilly Cay August 29th October 31st
Serenity August 31st October 29th
Smokey?s August 29th November
Tasty?s August 31st October 20th
Trattoria August 31st November 1st
Tropical Sunset Not Closing

tyler Sep 13th, 2004 10:55 AM

Thanks for the infor. We are looking at Frangipani and Cuisnenart, and from we can tell, Frangipani closes the first week of September (so we will start our trip there) and Cuisenart doesn't close.

MaryD Sep 13th, 2004 12:47 PM

Those were the restaurant closings. The resort list is different -- CuisinArt (the entire resort) is closing this year from September 7 to October 31. You can get both lists at www.news.ai.

tyler Sep 13th, 2004 12:57 PM

Thanks. Is anyone down there now? I wonder what the weather is like with the system moving in (I think they are calling it a tropical wave or a tropical depression, but it looks like it is coming straight over Anguilla). Just curious what the weather is like...

Statia Sep 14th, 2004 04:23 AM

I'm about 40 miles south of Anguilla and the tropical depression hasn't been too bad here. A little wind, a little rain...no biggie. It looks like we will have cloudy, rainy weather for the next day or so.