Anguilla/St Croix/St Lucia w/kids?

Old May 31st, 2001, 06:24 PM
lp

Anguilla/St Croix/St Lucia w/kids?

Trying to plan our next family vacation and am stumped. I'm looking into Cap Juluca, Hyatt St. Lucia and The Buccaneer in St. Croix. Beautiful beaches are important, but I would want my kids to feel comfortable and "welcomed". We have taken them to St. John and Aruba..both wonderful experiences that I'm hoping to repeat! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 08:13 AM
melinn

how old are your kiddoes? that makes a difference.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 11:17 AM
lp

sorry, they will be 6 & 9 at time of travel. Thanks.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 01:10 PM
Eileen

You might also look into the Hyatt Cerramar/Dorado in Puerto Rico. My husband and I stayed at the Dorado in 99 (you can use all facilities at both properties, a trolley runs back and forth)and liked that and the Cerramar so much that we bought a timeshare there so we can take our two kids (ages 8 and 4) there. Cerramar is the best for families -- the river pool is great with tubing, waterslides, waterfalls, etc.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Anon

I'm sure the couples paying big bucks for a peaceful, relaxing vacation at Cap will appreciate your kids. I suggest trying a more family oriented resort.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Anonymous

Go to Caribbean-on-Line.com and click on "Anguilla" for a message forum on Anguilla. Lately there have been alot of discussions about children at Cap Jaluca and I think the consensus is, don't bring them to Cap. Either rent a villa or stay at Mallihouana, another expensive but more kid friendly hotel. Cap is very expensive and most folks go there and expect solitude and luxury. In general, Anguilla is pretty "family friendly" though.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Allison

The Buccaneer in St. Croix seems to be very kid friendly with a number of families there while I was there. It is a quiet resort with plenty of room on a great beach, and the kids seemed to have fun. They also have a kids program, and there were always a couple of kids involved even though it was off season.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Bill

Timothy Beach Resort in St. Kitts is very family oriented. It is the only resort on the caribbean beach. www.timothybeachresort.com