Notices

Anguilla or St. Lucia for July Honeymoon?

Old Mar 15th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anguilla or St. Lucia for July Honeymoon?

My fiance and I are already booked in a suite at the Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia. However before we make our final payment and commit, we want to make sure we've explored all our options. We were initially comparing St. Lucia to Playa Del Carmen, however, after much research I've come across some amazing reviews of Anguilla and I am a SUCKER for killer beaches! However, I won't discount St. Lucia for it's beauitul topography! We have not been to either. So my question is, where would you go for a $12K honeymoon out of these two islands?
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 04:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anguilla better beaches but flatter not as scenic

more storm/hurricaine prone

in its location in July...

so St. much prettier excellent beaches leeward location

better for storms in July so I might stick with that.

insuremytrip.com independently always cheap wise for me.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Both St Lucia and Anguilla are fabulous destinations, however, they are quite different. Anguilla has absolutely stunning beaches - 35 of them to be precise, and each is spectacular. The beauty of Anguilla is also its many many outstanding restaurants with great food, and the face that it's very easy to do day trips to explore neighbouring islands, such as St Barths, St Maarten/St Martin, Saba and St Eustatius.
St Lucia is also a very beautiful island with magnificent scenery/mountains/rainforest, but the beaches are of no comparison to those of Anguilla.
Depends what kind of a honeymoon you want I guess. Personally, I'd go with Anguilla.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I second that. St. Lucia is nothing like Playa Del Carmen. If you love beaches Anguilla is your best bet. I can't say I've ever been to St. Lucia, but I get an ear full from my neighbor every time she goes and always complains that there is no where to eat, and the beach is not close by the resort. My and the hubby love Anguilla.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really like both places, but you probably couldn't have picked two islands that are more different from each other. If beautiful beaches is your sole criterion for a great vacation, Anguilla is probably the better choice since it has some of the prettiest beaches that I've ever seen. However, that doesn't mean that St. Lucia doesn't have nice beaches -- it does, but they tend to be smaller and have yellow or darker sand than the blinding white that you see on Anguilla. The beach at La Toc is very nice and has light yellow sand. A lot of posters on this site will tell you that the water is rough at La Toc, but that is more accurate in the winter than in the summer. In July, the water is almost always very calm. If you enjoy mountains, beautiful scenary and more of a Caribbean "vibe," St. Lucia is a better choice than Anguilla. By the way, I'm not a huge fan of all-inclusive resorts -- I prefer getting out and going to different restaurants -- but the Sandals Regency is a beautiful hotel.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Excellent information! Thanks!

We plan on doing very little outside of our room, so I think maybe St. Lucia might be a better vacation than honeymoon for us as we really just want to take a break from these super hectic times for us and just lounge around in luxury. I also like the option of taking a ferry ride to a neighboring island!

If we go with Anguilla, we have narrowed our choices down between the Viceroy and Cap Juluca. Any more advice or opinions would be much appreciated!
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lexusjade: Definitely Cap Juluca over Viceroy for several reasons. Viceroy is not relaxing. It is very much a "seen and be seen" hotel. It is very urban in feel and design. And, if you are as you say a sucker for a great beach, Viceroy is not well situated beach wise. Cap Juluca has a dream beach and the atmosphere is very relaxing and peaceful. Viceroy has more bells and whistles in terms of design and is definitely "new". If you are fussed about "updated" rooms then Viceroy has the edge on that. But I always think that the reason you go to the Caribbean is for the beauty of what's outside your room. You will see more children at Viceroy.
I think you are making the right decision. St. Lucia is beautiful but it's a lot of "work" to experience it properly. Anguilla was so relaxing -- I know this sounds corny but I fell in love with my partner all over again in Anguilla. I think it was because I was so relaxed and the water and beach were so beautiful. The locals are very nice as well. All the best with whatever you decide.
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To a lot of people may not be a lot of money to come to Anguilla with if you looking at places like viceroy. If you are a sucker for the beach, you can stay at a few local places that range well under $300 a night and step out of your bed and be less than 200 feet from the water. we have the beaches, the climate, the shopping, and the food so why go any where else if we can fit it in your budget? while you are on the island, check out Anguilla Access and take a tour of the island, it would be time well spent and you will have a great story to tell your family and friends. do not be surprise if this is not your last trip to Anguilla.
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have never been to St Lucia, but have been to Anguilla about a dozen times. It is a beautiful, laid back island, and it surely has a Caribbean vibe. The Anguillians are wonderful people. Anguilla has some of the best restaurants in the islands. Hurricane time for Anguilla is Sept-Oct, and it would be unusual to experience a hurricane in July. In fact, a big festival occurs August 1. Cap Juluca is definitely more private than Viceroy, with the best beach on an island of fantastic beaches. And congratulations on your wedding
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are still thinking about Anguilla, how about splitting your trip between Cap Juluca and Viceroy, that way you get to experience two very different, but both lovely resorts?