Anguilla-Malliouhana Questions

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:24 PM
kd

Anguilla-Malliouhana Questions

We are planning an anniversary trip to Anguilla in April and are interested in staying at Malliouhana. Would appreciate hearing from someone who has already stayed there. Would like to know what catagory of accommodations are recommended. Also, should we rent a vehicle the entire stay (10 days) as we would like to dine out. Also would appreciate any other info you can give us about the property. Thanks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:02 PM
Karen

Have not stayed there but the junior suites that I saw when visiting were lucious with wonderful views as it is cliffside. A magnificant property and excellent dining! There were a couple of accomodations behind the main house that sat far back up the hill that would not appeal to me but they must had some wonderful views also. Most visitors do enjoy renting a car for at least part of their stay to tour the island, dine out and explore other beaches. Taxis can be expensive and if you plan to leave the resort a couple of times a day, it will be more economical to rent a car. You will want to try some of the great restaurants too!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:38 AM
snoopy18

My husband and I stayed at Malliouhana for our honeymoon in May 2000, and we loved it! We stayed in the basic room in the Main House, and it was great - had a wonderful view of Meads Bay. We used our rental car everyday to explore other beaches and restaurants, but we loved coming home to Maillouhana. The staff were wonderful, and the grounds were well maintained. There were not many guests there then (getting towards low season). Let me know if you have any other questions!<BR><BR>Lorraine

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:18 PM
kd

Thanks Karen & Lorraine! We have booked a corner room in the main building and are really excited. Were there any restaurants within walking distance of the hotel? Also, what type of vehicle would you recommend? Did you find the beach there nice or did you spend most of your time at other beaches? Any helpful advice you can give would be appreciated. Oh, did the room have coffee maker and hair dryer?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:05 PM
Lorraine

KD - We had a corner room as well and loved the room, esp. the covered porch! I don't remember whether or not they had a coffee maker (I don't drink it) or a hair dryer (I dry my naturally), but I would be very surprised if they didn't have either. The bathrooms are great, BTW - all marble, separate bath and shower, etc...<BR><BR>Blanchard's restaurant is right next door to Malliouhana, and Frangipani is within walking distance as well. The beach at Meads is great - it stretches for a mile or so. We liked that beach the best There is also a small, isolated beach that you can only get to by going down many steps over by the pool suite. We also spent some time at the pool next to the main house - it was very quiet. <BR><BR>We rented just a compact/economy car, and we had no problems with it. The A/C was more than adequate, and you'll find that most residents have the same car (I believe it was a Mazda 323, similar to the Protege).<BR><BR>Lorraine