Search

Anguilla honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 07:14 AM
Catherine

Anguilla honeymoon

My fiance and I are thinking of eloping to Anguilla at the end of August. Do you have any suggestions for accommodation, sightseeing for our 10 day stay. I've already organised the ceremony.<BR><BR>FYI we like quiet, great beaches, snorkelling, good sunsets.<BR><BR>Any advice welcome. Thanks

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 09:04 AM
eileen

my husband and i just returned from anguilla the end of may. it was the most relaxing trip of our life. if you like beaches this place will be heaven for you. Each beach is more beautiful than the one before. The water is sooo clean &amp; clear. You will be the only people on some of these beaches, it will be perfect for a honeymoon. There is not much nite life and shopping just about is non existance, you'll have to take the ferry to st. maarten (dutch) for the bargains. <BR> Make sure you get a car, the island is only 16 miles you'll want to hit all the great restaurants, and all the beaches.<BR> great choice!! Good Luck

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 02:48 PM
maureen

anguilla will be paradise for your wedding/honeymoon! so many beautiful beaches, terrific restaurants, and wonderful people. you've made a wonderful choice! we have stayed at cap juluca 7 times, and to us there us no place like it in the world. enjoy!

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 12:10 PM
nicole

CAPJULLUCA is pure heaven on earth. I was there in Dec 2000 and plan on going back as much as possible. It's secluded, beaches are breathtaking. It the most romantic place in the world. My husband and I were just sipping champange strollong down the white sand beach. not much night life, food is good, people are friendly.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 08:44 AM
Jen

Anguilla is perfect for relaxation. Malliouhana is an amazing resort and you may be able to get a discount in August. Definitely rent a car. Cap Juluca, Cuisinart are great too. To us, neither compared to the Malliouhana although it was very $$. The beaches will not disappoint you.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Anita

Hi Catherine. My husband and I honeymooned at Cap Juluca in late August 1997. We absolutely loved it. It has the best beach. Service had its occasional bobbles, but everyone really wanted to please. There is nothing to do but relax, enjoy the beach, the sunsets and your spouse. We hope to go back for our 5th anniversary. (definitely get a junior suite on a second floor w/ your own private sun deck via dome enclosed tile spiral staircase . . . amazing)