Anguilla disappointment - Can you Help?

Apr 11th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Anguilla disappointment - Can you Help?

Last summer my family rented a one bedroom pool villa at Cap Juluca. We absolutely loved it. Even though we like trying new places, our time frame was very limited this year and decided to return to Cap Juluca. We were informed that the room was available. After immediately responding by email that we wanted the room, it took seven days and three messages later for them to only tell me that now the room was not available. So, we are now looking for something else. We can travel betwen 6/12 and 6/22. We loved the beach and the room at Cap Juluca. Would love to have another private pool room. We will be traveling with two teenagers that just want to hang out and relax before they start all their summer activities. Can anyone help with other locations that may have similar rooms and beaches? Thanks.
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:19 PM

I haven't been, but Cuisinart gets fabulous reviews. Have you checked it out?
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

We did go by last year when we were there and it just didn't have the same intimate feel. Since our kids are older they don't like a lot of younger kids around anymore.
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:35 AM

I would look into Cove Castles. Villas are awesome.
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:40 AM

Does it have to be Anguilla? Good friends have just stayed at The Sandpiper in Barbados in the new Treetop Suites with private pool. They said it was heaven. Although the beach is not as amazing as Cap's , the kids will have loods to amuse them on Barbados.
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Have you tried phoning the resort directly? I know people who have had this problem before. It's amazing how rooms become available with a little friendly, and I do stress friendly, persistance. Ask for Helen or Sue Ricketts- Sue does PR, Helen is I believe the head concierge. If you explain your dilema- how you were promised the room, I'm sure they will try to do something or help you make arrangements for something else. Good luck. I've stayed at Cap and Cuisi and I agree with you, the atmosphere is completely different at Cap.
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

When last we were there the Cove Castles did not looked maintained very well. Granted we only saw them from a boat. Are they nice?
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:31 AM

We saw villa two last week visiting some friends who were staying there. It was really awesome. I highly recommend if you can afford it. Have never seen anything that would lead me to believe they were not well maintained. Have eaten in the restaurant several times and it is excellent. Just posted my Anguilla trip report on this site.
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will see if they have anything available.