We are traveling to the Caribbean from mid to end of January 2018.
After a lot of research looking for perfect white sand beaches, thanks to Fodor contributors we have booked our travel to Anguilla for a 6 days ( plus a day on either side for travel makes it 8 days).
We have another 9 days in hand to try a different part of the Caribbean and would appreciate some help choosing.
We accept it is an expensive time of year and there may be Christmas winds. We would like somewhere where we may be able to find shelter away from winds with sandy ocean floors (not too much sea grass or rocks).
This is the last week of our holiday so will splurge on a bit of luxury. We would like a destination where there are things to do as well as being on the beach. We are not water sports enthusiasts or hikers but enjoy day trips to islands or interesting places and experiencing some local culture.
Should we spend the time on St Maartens or go for a different experience in Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, or somewhere else you might recommend?
We know that we will need to connect back to Miami before flying on to another island if we don't stay in St Maartens.
We will choose a hotel once we have chosen our destination. Thank you for helping.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 VIPRE @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 3 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not