Reload this Page >

anguilla & st. martin for honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 08:36 AM
ann

i'm planning an 8-night august honeymoon to the carribean. i'm considering spending 4 nites @cap jaluca and 4 nites @ la samanna. because i've heard anguilla is really quiet w/ nice beaches and st. martin very developed w/ more nite life and great restaurants, i thought this combination would give me the best of both islands.... <BR>or would some place such as sandals antigua deliver both aspects @ one location? advice? suggestions? <BR>thanks so much!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 10:31 AM
Barbara

that sounds like a greta plan. Both places are wonderful and it is a good balance to the honeymoon

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:29 PM
stephanie

Great plan, and if it were me, I'd do St. Martin first. We stayed 4 nights on St. Martin, and then went to Anguilla for 3 nights. We were so glad we did Anguilla 2nd because it's so quiet and beautiful. I prefer to save the best for last. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Congratulations!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:02 PM
Ashley

That's a good combo but I think an even better one would be Anguilla and St. Barts which are also in close proximity. If you're trying to do a package with participating hotels, I think Guanahani on St. Barts can be combined with Cap J. (We did a week on St. Barts for our honeymoon last May and loved the island. I've heard mixed things about St. Martin.)

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:01 AM
CMB

I would agree with Anguilla and St Barts....although St M is nice also. As to which to start with, Anguilla is wonderfully quiet and miles of beaches...very friendly population. If you want quiet after wedding, do Anguilla first. Anguilla has some wonderful hotels and restaurants...although be careful of any summer closings.