Andy's Car Rental

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 08:29 AM
kg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy's Car Rental

Anyone rent from Andy's before- they are reasonably priced, and the website makes it seem as if it is conveniently located at the airport. I'd need to book online to get a good price- just want to make sure it's not a hassle when I actually get down there in Nov.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:48 PM

Many people on this and other sites have complained about the poor condition of the cars. But then, others have had good luck with them. I always use Coconuts and have never had a problem. I'm on vacation and want to be problem free.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 10:04 AM

The last time we were in Cayman I rented from Andys. I also made a reservation online to get an additional discount. I thought it would be great to pick the car up at the airport and be on my way. Well, we waited almost 1 1/2 and they said they needed to go to 7-mile beach to pick up the Jeep we rented. That was a little dissapointing due to the fact that I had made an advanced reservation. The jeep was a little older but, we didnt care. We didnt want a fancy car or one with A/C, we wanted a little jeep to take us around the island and haul our snorkeling gear ect. Looking back I wish I would have taken a cab to our hotel and picked the car up later once I was settled in on 7 mile beach.
You need to keep in mind that all of the people that have not made advanced reservations are walking over from the airport and trying to get a car and that really slows things down.

good luck!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:40 AM
kg
Original Poster

Thanks-- I think I might go with a rental from Coconuts-- I just can't figure our from their website where they are located-- I don't want to go too far out of my way!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:49 AM

Coconut car rental has a place on 7 mile and the airport. You really should consider my advice and get a cab from the airport and worry about the car once you are settled in. You wont have any trouble getting around once you are on 7 mile beach. It's just more waiting around after getting thru customs ect.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:51 AM

You might check out Just jeeps and Avis. Most of the hotels have a car rental booths on property.