ALMOND BEACH VILLAGE -- W/O KIDS!!!!!

Feb 11th, 1998, 04:58 PM
sue

ALMOND BEACH VILLAGE -- W/O KIDS!!!!!

HELP!!!! Need Info QUICK on Almond Beach Village. I am particularly interested if there are too many children running about...we are a couple in the low 30s w/o children and do not particularly want to spend our hard-earned vacation with "curtain climbers!!" No offense. Any info on this? ALso, how formal is this place...we are shorts-wearing kind of people when on vacation from the rat-race. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Feb 16th, 1998, 05:11 AM
Cathy

Don't worry! The resort is quite large and the families are all located on one side, while singles are in an area of their own. I stayed there years ago and didn't even notice any kids - I have a friend who just came back from there in the fall and loved it! If you're interested, e-mail me and I'll give you her e-mail address. It's a great resort - you can take a look at it at www.almondresorts.com.

Feb 22nd, 1998, 12:11 PM
Sam

We were there two years ago and it was probably the best of the three all inclusive places we've stayed in the Caribean. We actually stayed in the area where the families were and we were w/o children. They were not a problem. The staff did a wonderful job of entertaining children in their own portion of a very large property. You hardly knew they were there. I'd suggest that you don't move to the Almond Beach Club (another property under same management) just to get away from the kids. It's much smaller and not nearly the beach. By the food was great and everyone was really friendly. We'll be going back.

Feb 23rd, 1998, 06:28 AM
jay

Sam, I read your comments about the Almond Beach Club in Barbados. Did I misunderstand? Are you saying the Club is "not near the beach"? I am going there in April and I would love to hear more. I'm a little concerned by your comment and hope that I haven't made a bad choice. I realize that the Club is smaller than the Village, but can you tell me anything about the look of the property, food, watersports and location? Thanks!

Feb 23rd, 1998, 05:14 PM
christi

We stayed at the Almond Beach Club for our honeymoon in September 1995. It was wonderful. The Food and accommodations were great. There were hardly any kids. We mostly hung out at the pool bar and there were no kids there. I highly recommend staying here. There are also some activities outside of the resort so you can enjoy the entire island. The guest mostly consisted of Canadians and Brits. It was nice not to be around Americans. There were mostly young couples there. Have Fun!