Almond beach club or Village?

Jul 12th, 2002, 09:10 PM
brutus

Almond beach club or Village?

We would like to stay on an All inclusive and believe that one of these places is suitable. Which one? please help. We are in our early 30's. We love a good beach. Good food. Nice larger rooms w/balcony.

Jul 13th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Joanne

MY HUSB. & I HAVE STAYED AT BOTH,THE VILLAGE ISN 100% BIGGER AND HAS MORE TO OFFER. THERE IS MORE REST. AND ACTIV. THE BEACH IS BETTER AND MUCH BIGGER. REQUEST TO SYAY AT THE ADULTS ONLY END AWAY FROM THE CHILDRENS POOL

Jul 13th, 2002, 08:16 PM
xxx

I thought the beach at ABV was the worst. It seemed like a road that the locals were allowed to walk on to get thru to the otherside of the property. Not only would the locals ask yout to buy their goods or their friends goods they'd ask for us to fetch a drink or something to eat. It's not a "good beach" by any means!! By the term "nice" room, if you mean decor...forget it. Our 2 rooms were dull with mis-matched furniture. I'd go somewhere else, just my opinion.

Jul 14th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Gary

My wife and I have been to the village three times and the club once. Even though we don't have kids, we found the village suited our needs better than the club. Nicer beach, more restuarant choices and nicer pools. The rooms are clean but not particularly luxurious, typical for the caribbean. We stayed and hung out in the adult end of the property and had later dinner reservations so kids were never an issue. And we were never hassled or observed any "heavy" local traffic thru the beach. There were some local merchants but they took no for an answer. Feel free to ask about any other details.

Jul 18th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Dale

I will be staying at Almond Village July 20 -24. Is it better to change Canadian currency to U.S., or wait and change there, or use visa. Also, is there a safty issue in the city? I was told not to carry a purse, we also have a 5 yr. old with us.

Jul 18th, 2002, 06:01 PM
gary

Dale - The Canadian exchange rate is (was) horrible at Almonds. Not so sure about the U.S. rate though. We found that using Visa was the best course of action. Enjoy your trip, we'll be back in Jan.

Jul 18th, 2002, 06:05 PM
gary

Sorry, posted too soon. During our only trip to Bridgeport there was one person on our Almond bus who had their purse stolen so I would be careful. My wife never carries her purse on excursions. Hope this all helps.