Allegro turks and caicos recently???

Sep 6th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Allegro turks and caicos recently???

Has anyone visited the Allegro Turks and Caicos recently? I am looking for feedback - it was just recommended to us, and I haven't seen too much about it lately....I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Sep 6th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Everyone has their own point of view but when I walked throught the property last spring, it looked pretty tired.
I'm not an all-inclusive fan to start with but it seems to me that on an island with so many GREAT dining options, it would be a shame not to get out and try some different things.
But.....to each their own.

Have fun!
Sep 6th, 2003, 10:09 AM

We stayed there last June. Yes, it could stand a facelift but having said that I felt it was a great value for the $$ we paid, not to mention the beach is the most spectacular we've ever stayed on. Go and enjoy!
Sep 10th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Is it easy to get around T&C?? Taxi or rent a car? What is a "normal" rate for taxi? I don't mind getting out and around as long as I don't have tomove mountains to do it!!
Sep 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM

I leave for there in 2 weeks time. I will try and post some pics and a trip report. For what I am paying you can barely get a hotel anywhere but comfort suites. So with not having to buy drinks I will come out way ahead. From my understanding there are a few places you can walk to to eat or are a short cab ride away.
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:49 PM

Hi Monique - My favorite vacation thusfar was our stay at the Allegro T&C last June. It wasn't the nicest resort we've ever stayed at but the beach was by far the best we've ever seen. If you want a larger, beachfront room and you don't mind paying a few extra dollars per night, ask to be upgraded to the condo area. That's were we stayed and while the rooms could have used an upgrade, the view was spectacular and we loved having our own patio with chairs and a table to hang out on to watch the sunset. Have a wonderful vacation!
Sep 10th, 2003, 04:24 PM

it is easy to get around provo.driving on wrong side, but it's Easy. taxis pretty pricey but we've found very reasonable weekly rates from provo fun cycle (near ai's) and scooter bob's (at turtle cove)to rent jeeps (or cars). the roads are bumpy by amer standard but they aren't your shocks soooo. drive out to bugaloo's for lunch. it's a fun experience.
Sep 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM

MuyLinda thank you for the nice reply!!
I too have stayed at much nicer resorts as well I am sure. But for what I am looking for a quick weekend getaway from the westcoast I know we are nuts, perfect beach, light snacks (need to not eat from all my summer travels ) and a nice pool I am sure we will have a great time!!!
We are planning on doing the drop off on a private island tour, we may rent a jeep I have driven in Europe and the freeways in California and the hills of San Francisco prepare you for most any kind of driving, and we may eat out if it comes to that once or twice.

I do have a few questions, what do you think the kid factor will be at the end of September? Should I bring my own blow up floats for the pool and beach? Worth it to bring thermal mugs for drinks? Any other tips

Thanks!!!!

Search this Thread