Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Allegro Turks&Caicos (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/allegro-turks-and-caicos-113511/)

Rich Mar 20th, 2001 08:35 AM

Allegro Turks&Caicos

Going to the Allegro resort in Turks and <BR>Caicos. Any one have any comments.

Judy Apr 16th, 2001 06:58 AM

When are you going? My husband and I are booked for June 2 - 9.

rich Apr 16th, 2001 08:40 AM

Me and my wife are booked for <BR>June 5 to 11. Is this your first time <BR>going? <BR> <BR> <BR>

Judy Apr 17th, 2001 05:05 AM

Hi, <BR>Yes, this is our first visit to T & C. Actually, our first real vacation in a very long time -- we are going to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I know a few people who have been there and absolutely loved it. In fact, a woman in my company got married last July at the Allegro. I have read a lot of comments on many of the forums that are out there and there are some mixed reviews about Allegro. However, I think it will be wonderful and I am really looking forward to it. Even though it is all inclusive, we still plan on trying some other restaurants maybe 2 or 3 nights. We wanted a quiet, relaxed vacation -- that is why we chose this. Is this your first visit there as well?

rich Apr 18th, 2001 11:16 AM

Yes,this is our first time going to Turks & Caicos. I also read a lot of good things about the resort. One thing that I was told from my travel agent is that the beach is beutiful. Hopefully we will see you there. We will be the couple from New York enjoying a refreshing drink and relaxing on the <BR>beach. See you there....

Judy Apr 19th, 2001 04:54 AM

We'll also be a couple from New York relaxing and having a drink! Just listen for a Long Island accent and you will have found us! Judy & Michael.

LP May 23rd, 2001 06:36 AM

Hi: My husband and I just returned from Allegro on 5/19/01. Contact me on all info on it. It was the most beautiful vacation we ever had. I'll give you all the details. Not 1 negative about it!

Cindy May 23rd, 2001 12:02 PM

I was at the Allegro in May 1999-it was wonderful.Even my non-oceanfront room had a great view of the beach.Make sure you take a 1/2 day trip snorkeling, beaching and visiting the Island of the Rock Iguana.It is a national sanctuary for the endangered species and is fascinating.Take fruit salad from the breakfast buffet to feed them. This can be booked at the hotel for $25 pp.The only problem was the jellyfish were in season, tiny thimbleheads that may cause skin irritaion.The resort is great!Have fun!

Jade May 24th, 2001 04:51 AM

Hi guys! <BR> <BR>I am living on the island for 2 years now. If you need any information, it will be a pleasure for me to help you. On the other hand, I have to mention that the price of the excursion Cindy was talking about is around 55$. And please do NOT feed the iguanas... That is exactly why they are living on this restricted island...so they can survive. Like any wild animals, they have a "diet" that complies perfectly with nature and humans should not feed them. Just think of how many people go to that island during a day and how terrible it would be to spoil such a thing! <BR> <BR>Remember, the beauty of Turks and Caicos is not only the water but...because it is unspoiled! Let's keep it that way... <BR> <BR>Take care all, <BR> <BR>Jade