Allegro Resort at Turks & Caicos

Jun 21st, 2002, 08:32 AM
kerry

Allegro Resort at Turks & Caicos

Has anybody been to the Allegro Resort at Turks & Caicos in the past year? How would you rate it? Was it clean. I have heard conflicting reports about the resort.

Jul 19th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Maryann

I was disappointed in the Allegro Resort in Turks & Caicos. I think the hotel could use renovations. The rooms were okay. The food could have been better. One of the restaurants called Papaya was horrible. The Italian restaurant called Caruso's was better. The buffet could have had better food. The hotel seems to have a problem with towels and washcloths because they were rationing the washcloths and sometimes they didn't give you towels till later in the day. The best thing about the hotel was there beachfront property. It was beautiful and there was a lot of room so that everyone could be spaced out and not on top of each other. Everyone I talked to that was staying there had something negative to say and they said they wouldn't stay there again. I think the place could really be a great, but I wouldn't stay there again unless they made some improvements.

Jul 19th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Denise

Hi Kerry,
I am actually going to the Allegro in T&C Sunday!!!! I am so excited!
I will post a trip report when I get back, so be sure to check back here.
I have heard mixed reviews, so I will go with an open mind.
To be honest, I don't really care about the accomodations, as long as the beach is as beautiful as I hear it is!!!!
But, I will give an objective review when I get back.
We come home on July 28, so look for my review around July 29 or 30.
Denise

Jul 21st, 2002, 12:14 PM
Linda

We had a wonderful vacation at the Allegro the last week of June. Yes it could use a little sprucing up, but I'm not much into picking apart what is wrong on a vacation - I'm into enjoying everything that is right. The Allegro is a nice resort located on one of the most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen. We enjoyed snorkling right from the beach and walking it every morning. Plenty of chairs and huts on the beach as well. The pool area gets a bit crowded in the early afternoon, so if you need shade, get there early. The food was fine - the buffet restaurant was good, Caruso's was even better. We did not try the Asian restaurant so I can't comment. Their front desk staff is fantastic - friendly and totally accomodating. We upgraded to an oceanfront condo and had no problems at all with housekeeping, getting extra towels, etc- we didn't even have to ask - they just figured out there were 3 of us in the room and we had extras everyday. Mostly everyone we spoke with would return to the Allegro. If you go to the Allegro with an open mind and don't expect a 5* resort, you won't be disappointed.

Jul 21st, 2002, 02:59 PM
Geri

I spent a week there 1 night in Dec. It was awful! The manager showed us 4 different rooms, each worse than the one before. We couldn't get out of there soon enough. Try Beaches instead.

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Mike

I agree with Linda. We were there last year & enjoyed it. Food was good (don't expect gourmet) & the resort was fine. Your not paying for a 5 star, so don't expect 5 star service & accommodations. We stayed in an efficiency unit in the pink condo bldg that was great. Once you get used to the housekeeping routine (yes, all your towels disappear for a few hours to be laundered)it's fine. Lastly, the beach is WONDERFUL.I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Denis

We have just returned from 14 fantastic nigths at the Allegro. The rooms are 'tired' but spotlessly clean. Again as has been said the towels go missing for a while but you get clean towels EVERY day, which is something I'm noot used to. If it's a real problem then just change your beachtowels for fresh ones as there appears no limit on those.

The choice of food is very very good. Considering everything has to be imported on to the island there is a good choice of frsh foods, especially the fruit and salads.

Drinks are of a high standard and are a vailable for long enough each day.

There is nightly entertainment. The stage shows are very professionally produced with excellent dancers.

The pool area is excellent and again spotlessly clean. Staff were out emptying rubbish bins regularly and even pressured washed areas after the Thursday BBQ to ensure cleanliness.

Some of the staff are excellent and some a little miserable unless given gushing compliments of dollar bills (this especially seemed to be the Jamaican bar staff - when they weren't moaning to each other)

The waitresses were excellent and eficient.

Not 5 star but excellent value and a wonderful holiday. I would recommend it to anyone with one exception - the hire car place at the Ports of Call (opposite Allegro) rents out total wrecks and the roads are crap.

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:55 AM
anon

Actually I can see how the towel issue could become a BIG inconvenience. Why can't they take the old when the bring in the new? Apparently, they must have a lack of towels. How do they know when I'm going to be back in my room to shower? No towels? Either I wait or drip dry. What if I got dinner or lunch reservations, or I need to catch a cab in 20 minutes? I can see how that could put a slight damper on things.

Search this Thread