Help! Luxury hotel w/ fun for 3 boys?

Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Luxury hotel w/ fun for 3 boys?

We are planning to take a vacation end of August with our 3 sons, ages 10, 13, and 16. The boys like the beach, love pools w/ slides and other fun stuff, like excursions....they don't want to lie in the sun all day. They would love zip-line, ATV, or other such active pursuits. My husband and i enjoy luxury on our vacations...he's not a big fan of AI, and doesn't want to go to Mexico. He was leaning towards Casa de Campo in the DR, but i keep thinking about the US VI, or maybe Nevis...we are completely stuck! Can anyone make a recommendation?
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 04:23 AM

VI don't have zip-lines, ATVs, nor water slides, etc. Main activities are sailing to other islands, and funky beach bars and snorkeling. It's a pretty laided back destination. Nevis is even more quiet, definately not activities you're seeking. For some reason, Casa de Campo I can't remember having those things either. Mexico, which you say is out, does. Other than slides at pools are lacking, but you'll find everything else at Costa Rica. The best slides and excursions for you could probably be found at Atlantis, Bahamas, with the Cove being more luxurious. No zip lines though or ATVs I can think of.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...we've already been to the Atlantis twice, once at the main hotel and last summer the Cove...it did keep the boys happy but we definitely do not want to go back. So assuming we can't find those types of activities in the Caribbean (ie: the zip-lines etc) is there any place that would be more fun for the boys than just a quiet hotel on the beach?
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM

look into antigua....the beaches and resorts are gorgeous, two luxury hotels are carlisle bay and blue waters.

www.adventureantigua.com

there is kitesurfing, atv's, snorkling trips, hiking, motorized and non-motorized water sports, zip line, day trip to barbuda, kyacking through the mangroves, private snorkling charters, fishing...some of the friendliest people we have ever met which keeps us going back.

although we do not rent a car when we travel, i would suggest that you do so that you can scout them around a little more easily, the island is fairly small and from what i hear pretty easy to drive around. i dont know of any massive pools...my kids are older teens and like a little adventure but basically are beach bums like us.

we looked into nevis one year and it does look beautiful....getting there from ny is a full day of travelling so we passed, it is on my to go list.....among others!!

good luck!!
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We will definitely look into Antigua- it seems like it might have a lot of activities that we would enjoy.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM

look into 4 seasons in Costa Rica - tons of activities and excursions for the boys and lots of luxury for you - you would fly into Liberia. It's really expensive - but then so is Atlantis.
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM

I'm taking my 10 y/0 grandson to Club Med Punta Cana in Jan. Visited the CM in Guadeloupe last year and the kids were having a ball- the circus school at these two villages was a big hit and the teen center in Punta Cana looks terrific. Food is great and beaches can't be beat- also huge pools. www.clubmed.com Hope you have a great vacation and do write a trip report!