Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   all inclusive resorts (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/all-inclusive-resorts-55483/)

Joe Oct 23rd, 1999 06:24 PM

all inclusive resorts

We are planning a family vacation (2 adults plus 2 children 1-15yr. old and 1-17 yr. old). <BR> <BR>Time...End of January...beginning of February, 2000. <BR> <BR>Looking for an all inclusive package. <BR> <BR>Read the pamphlets....listened to the travel agents. <BR> <BR>We really need some feedback from those that have "been there and done that". <BR> <BR>Especially Club Med or Allegro <BR> <BR>Thanks!!! <BR> <BR>Joe <BR>

Mark Oct 24th, 1999 04:12 AM

HI Joe <BR>I think a all inclusive is a good choice <BR>for you with the 2 young adults. We have been to the Allegro Pineapple Beach in <BR>Antigua and have good friends who have stayed at the Allegro resort in Aruba. Both these resorts were excellent and we <BR>would certainly return to PBC Antigua. <BR>We stayed in the Bushiri in Aruba and <BR>although it was a good value for the money it wasn't as nice as the Allegro <BR>properties. I got a very good price from <BR>Air Jamaica Vacations for a stay in the <BR>Whyndam Morgan Bay on St lucia and that <BR>is our destination for mid January 2000. <BR>One thing you may consider is to try to <BR>go to the more southern islands in your time frame as the Bahamas are a little too cool then. I hope you find a suitable package as it's a great time to <BR>get away from winter but also the most <BR>expensive.

Diane Oct 24th, 1999 09:56 AM

Check www.washingtonpost.com Go to the Style section and the Travel pages. There is an article TODAY that gives you a good overview of four different AI resorts: Breezes in the Bahamas, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, LaSource in Grenada, and Rose Wyndham Hall in Jamaica. On another note, we flew home with a family (like ours- with two teens) from Cancun. We'd stayed in Cancun, but explored the Yucatan coast on daytrips. They stayed in Cozumel at an AI. We both had great experiences, and the kids loved it. The family at the AI enjoyed letting the kids be on their own for dinner and entertainment at night at the AI.

Lisa Oct 25th, 1999 08:14 AM

I stayed at the all-inclusive Wyndam Sugar Bay in St. Thomas last July. This was my first time with an all-inclusive,but the price was great and our wedding was included for free.The food at the two restaurants and drinks at the bars were great.The pool area is awesome with three connecting pools. The beach is small but nice and there is great snorkeling off the right side.The view from our room was amazing-get a room on floors 1-3 for the the best views.Also it is easy to day trip to St. John.I highly recommend this resort.E-mail me if you have further questions. Lisa

ilisa Oct 25th, 1999 08:50 AM

I second the recommendation for Pinapple Beach in Antigua. We honeymooned there several years ago and loved it. At the time, there were quite a few families there. I have also stayed at to Spanish Bay Beach Resort, the inclusive on Grand Cayman, and while we loved the island, hated the resort.