All Inclusive Jamaica

Jan 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

All Inclusive Jamaica

3 of us are traveling to Jamaica in April 2007 and we are looking for an affordable all inclusive resort. Prefer beach front and snorkling activities. No couples only. Anyone with ideas please write.
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
GoTravel

The Holiday Inn right outside Montego Bay is the first thing that comes to mind.

Jan 4th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Perhaps you could define what you mean by affordable.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM

You'd do better on island to go non-AI
and to Negril for smaller places like
Idle-A-While, Nirvana or Country-Country
or Blue Cave Castle since the beach puts food/entertainment options galore
at your feet, with many walkable choices. Caveat: April is springbreaker time in Negril.If you're dead set on AIs, the RIU in Ocho Rios and the newly-opened Bahia Principe Grande outside MoBay in Trelawny/both huge/
will probably have the best buys. I'd not recommend the MoBay Holiday Inn.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM

I'd not recommend Bahia Principe either.
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Nor would I, nor Riu either. But they've
got the cheapo packages...
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:29 PM

True Tiv, very true indeed. This is why I'd like to know what Heydub's price range is.

I totally agree with Tiv about the Non AIs in Negril.

AND I'll add the caveat again, just in case heydub missed it : April is springbreaker time in Negril.

It is not a fun time to be in Negril unless, of course, you're part of the Springbreaker crowd.
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM

I found the college kids were mostly gone from Negril by April 1...a few here and there but the big parties and shows were over.
Jan 5th, 2007, 04:35 AM
KVR

We stayed at the RIU Tropical Bay in November, 06. It is a nice AI hotel and was inexpensive compared to some of the other AI properties in that area. It's a good choice for singles and the location is good. The beach was very nice. We can't say the food was all that great, but it was OK.

We are a mid-age range couple and it wasn't one of our better picks, but we weren't willing to pay the prices for the couples only AI properties.

March will have more of the Spingbreak crowd than April.
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Well we also talked about going non AI but were unsure. I would rather stay around Montego or Ocho Rios rather than Negril anyway. Affordable to us just means that we would rather spend our money on other things than a nice room with pretty blankets.
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Te Moana Cottage, directly on ocean, private yet 5 min. away from downtown Ochie might suit you well. It's owners run the legendary Harmony Hall art gallery and live next door. Google
Harmony Hall/and go to Jamaica and
accomodations section. 2 bedrooms,
comfortable/chef service even available if you want. And a great 'basecamp'.

In Falmouth, just outside MoBay,
Time N' Place cottages on ocean/rustic/wonderful beach, great
vibe.

From either you can put your money on
exploring, private snorkel trips, guides
-- and probably wind up spending far
less than at an AI.

Jan 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM

We went to Jamaica for 5 days in July 2006 and stayed at the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa. It was all inclusive they had the Main Buffet restaurant "The Banana Walk" we ate there every breakfast and dinner. They had 2 other restaurants. 1 Chinese and 1 Italian we heard from other guests, the Italian was good but the Chinese wasnt. But the food at the buffett was wonderful, lots of different choices and different every day, They kept up refilling the pans so the food was always fresh.

There is also "the GRILL" hot dogs, burgers etc. Good for lunch since we had our bathing suits on.

They have 3 pools and a water slide, small gym. Every night they had some type of entertainment. The bartenders were very nice, we dont have kids but they had virgin daquiris and pina colada's for kids ( adults and kids get different colored wristbands) I have talked to people who stayed at the Holiday Inn and they liked the Sunset much better. 2 or 3 days a week merchants come and set up for stands for t-shirts and other Jamaicans stuff and you can bargain. I loved it and would stay there again. Check out the website.