**All Inclusive Honeymoon Suggestions

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:59 PM
tam
Original Poster

**All Inclusive Honeymoon Suggestions

Hello,<BR><BR>I would like to get married/honeymoon in the caribbean in September. We were looking at La Source in Grenada, but we are unable to get a flight from Toronto. Does anyone have suggestions, about other resorts similar to La Source, and in the same price range ($2500pp. We are looking for secluded,nice beach,activities,children free and golf. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Have you looked at the sister resort of LeSport on St. Lucia? <BR><BR>Also try Curtain Bluff, Galley Bay, or Jumby Bay on Antigua--I believe Toronto has easy connections to Antigua. Not sure if these places are all open during September, however.<BR><BR>No golf available, but you might be able to get a week at Palm Island for $5000.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 06:51 AM

If a great beach with white, powder-like sand is a top priority, you may want to consider a different island. Not to say that St. Lucia isn't beautiful, but it is an island with dark sand and is not known for its beaches. <BR><BR>September is prime time for hurricanes so the further south you head, the better.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 12:40 PM

While St. Lucia is more known for its natural interior beauty than its beaches, it does have a few lovely ones. And while it's not out of the hurricane belt, it is farther south than most hurricanes have hit, historically speaking.<BR><BR>As the previous poster said, your &quot;safest&quot; islands re: hurricanes are the ABC: aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. <BR><BR>Grenada, Trinidad, Tobago, and Barbados are also good bets for weather in September.<BR><BR>PS. Is that $2500 in Canadian dollars? If so, then some of my suggestions earlier are too expensive.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 04:33 PM

Hi, Tam--<BR><BR>I just went to the Expedia page and they are currently running a package special for airfare from Toronto and 7 nights at Galley Bay resort on Antigua on an AI plan. Prices out at $3700 US for two people, not per person. I don't know when you want to go, but I plugged in the dates of 9/22-9/29. I imagine it's similar for other times in September.<BR><BR>Galley Bay is a terrific place and worth checking out. Gorgeous beach and a very nice pool area.