All-inclusive for Mom/Daughter Vacation?

Old May 18th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Kristen

All-inclusive for Mom/Daughter Vacation?

I'd like to take my mom to a nice all-inclusive Caribbean resort for her 50th birthday. It needs to be a family-friendly place rather than a meat-market or singles scene. Priorites are beautiful views and a quiet beach area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2000, 01:32 PM
Gina

About four or five years ago, I spent ten days at Le Sport on St. Lucia and loved it. The all-inclusive rates include two spa treatments a day (massages, reflexology, hydrotherapy, etc.) and scuba, which is unusual as most all-inclusive resorts charge extra for scuba.

The views of Grand Piton and Petit Piton are gorgeous, and the beach is lovely and private. I spent several days just lying on the beach, occasionally putting my little flag up in the sand to signal the waiter I wanted another drink.

The spa area is up a rather steep staircase above the main property, so if you don't like climbing stairs this may not be for you, but it was good exercise. There's a second pool as well as hot tub and plunge pool up there, and aerobics/t'ai chi studio, etc.

The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was the food selection--it was fairly limited. There's only one restaurant, and what's for dinner is pretty much what's for dinner. Very *good* food, I thought, but not much choice.