Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

When will iw learn that 3 islands in 14 days is too much?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:18 AM
iw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong, we had a fabulous time in St. Kitts, Nevis and St. Barts, but....the time it takes to pack, unpack, repack, check in at the airport.....This eats up the vacation. I thought by adding 2 days this year, I wouldn't feel the pain, but I was wrong.

I will post my trip reports under 2 categories, I think. One under St. Kitts and Nevis and the other under St. Barts. Right now I have to go, sadly...sniff...sniff, get the sand out of our suitcases and start washing, as we didn't get home until midnight.

All three islands are very much worth visiting and revisiting with very friendly people, lots to do and great food.

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:18 AM

That's a lesson that could be learned by all of us, IW. Looking forward to your report!
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM

I'm afraid I'm not a big enough person not to say "I told you so!"

Seriously, glad you're back and can't wait to hear about your trip. Even if you were constantly packing, unpacking or on the go, I bet you had a great time!
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Hi iw,
Sorry you felt as though you were rushed around. We visited 3 islands in the BVI and USVI during 14 days this past winter and enjoyed the trip enormously. Perhaps it is just a question of visiting islands that connect up easily. Two of the three islands we went to -- St. John and Virgin Gorda-- were connected by the resorts' private ferries, so transfers were quick and easy from one resort dock to the next. And for the transfer to St. Croix, we caught a seaplane which was close to the ferry dock, so no problem there either. Lots of fun. In fact, we are looking for 3 easy-to-connect islands for next winter.
By the way, we visited 3 islands in French Polynesia (Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora)over the same period a few years ago and had the same kind of delightful experience. These are pretty easy transfers also.
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM
iw
Original Poster

ej....I had you in mind when I posted the first message. I know,you told me so, but I am a stubborn only child in my defense! Ha Ha

I know that a 3 island trip can be done, but man oh man, after 183 days...count 'em, with 8 year olds in the classroom, I need a break from the wild world!

Trip report should be tomorrow after I go to Target and fill out an accident report where they hit my baby (Nissan 350Z) with a shopping cart! Wahhhhhh And they are paying for the damage!
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:22 AM
iw
Original Poster

All trip reports are up and done! Please feel free to ask any questions, as I long for another vacation!