Notices

All inclusive at the Rex Halcyon in Antigua

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:27 PM
Mike

All inclusive at the Rex Halcyon in Antigua

Hi,
I am going to the Rex Halcyon in Antigua in mid May and want to hear of anyone who has had experiences with the all-inclusive package at this resort. I am 23 years old and going with my girlfriend of the same age. I would really like to get some input. Thanks!!!!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 06:01 AM
Paul Pinus

I went there last May with my girlfriend, she is a year older though 24. We had a great time. Lots of sun and relaxation.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 06:17 AM
Christie

We were there in 1998 and we stayed in a timeshare room with a kitchenette, so we didn't do the all-inclusive. We did meet lots of people who did, and they often complained about the food on the buffets and the service. We ate a couple of lunches on property, and the food was OK.

IMHO, the best thing to do would be a partial inclusive, like 2 meals a day and some drinks, and that would leave you some times to go and try the many wonderful restaurants in the area. Miller's By The Sea had a van that would pick us up for free, Spinnaker's and Coconut Grove were just a stroll down the beach, Pari's was up the hill, and many, many more were just a short cab ride. Our favorite was HOME. Please do consider trying some of them!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 03:54 PM
Susan

Maybe 'partial' as suggested above; definitely not AI @ the Rex! The thing I hate about the Rex is that the dining
room overlooks the parking lot! Buses come & go & you are left inhaling the exhaust! Gross!

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 10:07 AM
lorrianne

Stayed there May of 99. Was told it was all inclusive, but there are some limitations to that. The buffet as already mentioned overlooks the parking lot!! The food was not very good. The food at lunch at the beach was stand in a long hot line and wait! Not very efficient! We ate lunch and dinner most of the time on the restaurant sitting on the pier. Delightful setting both daytime and nighttime. We never did get any extra charges for eating there as is stated in the brochure. Coconut Grove is a walk down the beach and is well worth paying for even if doing the all inclusive. Great food and atmosphere! I thought the service was terrible at the bar at the beach, they would serve the beach vendors before helping a resort customer! We made the best and really enjoyed our vacation but would not recommend this place!