Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Alexandra Resort (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/alexandra-resort-646492/)

islandgirl97 Sep 14th, 2006 08:48 AM

Alexandra Resort

anybody ever stayed here? I got an email from a travel website suggesting this place. just wanted some feedback.

doug_stallings Sep 14th, 2006 08:54 AM

Which island?

turksoldtimer Sep 14th, 2006 08:56 AM

Hi
I have pictures of the grounds and beach posted on www.alexandrapics.shutterfly.com
Let me know if you need any specific questions answered. I will be happy to help. We stay there every year in April

turksoldtimer Sep 14th, 2006 08:58 AM

Most of the pictures are in the second album down on shutterfly under Barb S.
Enjoy

islandgirl97 Sep 14th, 2006 10:04 AM

Turks & Caicos

islandgirl97 Sep 14th, 2006 10:05 AM

thanks for the pics. i'll take a look.

islandgirl97 Sep 18th, 2006 02:20 PM

Anybody heard of Alexandra Resort on T&C?

KVR Sep 19th, 2006 06:02 AM

We went to Turks and Caicos in May and debated between the Alexandra and the Sibonne. The Alexandra was about $200 more. The Alexandra are condo type units with kitchenettes. They have a nice pool with swim-up bar. They are located on Grace Bay Beach about 2-3 hotels down from the Sibonne.

In the end we picked the Sibonne. We decided for the extra money we weren't going to use the kitchenette or the swim-up bar. I received e-mail info periodcally from them to buy one of their condo units.

shirleyk Sep 19th, 2006 02:23 PM

We stayed at the Alexandra Resort for two weeks in September, 2004. We had a one bedroom unit with a large balcony overlooking the beach and the ocean. We loved it. What exactly would you like to know?

islandgirl97 Oct 2nd, 2006 12:09 PM

Nobody has recommended Alexandra Resort in the forum talks posted here. It's always one of the other places. I just want input on it. There will be about 15 women (ages 45-55) going to T&C to celebrate 50th birthdays. We are only going for 5 days max. We want a superb resort with beautiful beaches - we snorkel, scuba dive, love to eat and drink - going for a relaxing time - getting away from kids and work! We will splurge, but do have some that cannot spend their "life savings". Hope this is helpful in what you can tell me about Alexandra Resort.

turksoldtimer Oct 2nd, 2006 12:33 PM

Island girl
Its perfect for the price you will have a great time. The Alexandra has its own excursion company right on the property and also a great swim up pool bar and a great deck overlooking the beach to have a few, hang out, gossip and watch the sunset. Most of the units are facing the Beach front so great view too.

islandgirl97 Oct 2nd, 2006 04:21 PM

Thanks for input turksoldtimer. I still need to look at your photos. Going to right now and forward them to the rest of the group.