Airfare to St. Martin & St. Bart's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to figure out if I should book my tix now to SXM & SBH. Is $571 RT/nonstop from NY to St. Martin expensive? Or should I hold out for a cheaper fare? I'm planning on early Dec trip to St. Barts. WinAir tix from SXM to SBH RT is $245..just for 15 min ride! So the total would be $816. Is that about normal or can I get something cheaper? Thanks!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 02:07 PM

You don't say when you are travelling (it could make a big difference in price) or where in NY you are travelling from but if you mean from NYC in say August than $571 sounds a bit high. I did a search on Orbitz and found a price of $377 on American with one stop in San Juan. You can probably find a comparably priced non-stop from one of the other airports.

Also your price on Winair from SXM to SBH seems high. Again I plugged in a couple of dates in August on the Winair website (www.fly-winair.com) found fares ranged from a low of $30 (before taxes) to $70.

You should look a bit harder.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 02:20 PM

Sorry, just re-read your post and saw you said travel is in December. I found r/t non-stop fare on American Airlines from JFK for $445 ($397 one-stop) in early December.

Winair in early December was $140 PP r/t.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 04:41 PM

Wow, you northerners are so lucky. I'm flying my parents in to visit me at Christmas. Same month. Their airfare from Houston to St. Maarten is $920, and that doesn't include the connection from St. Maarten to here, which is another $150.

Now I wish they lived in New York.

I was going to say "jump on it" because I fly every year from SXM to JFK in the fall for about the same price, but A_Traveller's advice made me re-think that.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice. I suppose my nonstop fare to SCM from JFK is a bit high because I'm traveling either the 1st or 2nd week of Dec and it's also on a weekend. I'm still undecided as I feel Dec. is still far. I'll decide by the end of the month. I've checked the available seats on the nonstop flights and it's already half full!