Airfare to St. Lucia

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 09:17 AM
Pat

Airfare to St. Lucia

I have won a trip to St. Lucia with a stay at Jalousie-Hilton. However, I have to pay for transportation. Does anyone know any good airfare deals from the Detroit area? I have been checking and airfares are very expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 09:44 AM
Kay

You lucky thing you. The Jalouise HIlton is beautiful as is the island. Air Jamaica Vacations has a 30% off sale going on right now. You must book by April 2 so call them and see if you can do air only. I am sure they have an 800 number

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 12:39 PM
Nicole

Pat-
I stayed at the hotel in Jan/Feb of 1996.. THe place is incredible.. That is quite a gift you have received.. I believe it is one of the top 3 hotels in the Caribbean.. But you will be TOTALLY pampered, I promise you that.. Nestled in the Pitons and the service is impeccible. Enjoy! it will be a most excellent trip that you will never forget.. Be sure to see the waterfall and the sulfur springs, very neat..

-Nicole

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 08:48 AM
Stacey

Pat, you are in for a real treat! I just got back from St. Lucia and had a wonderful time. I booked my air from Travel Charter and had a direct flight from Detroit to St. Lucia, one stop in St. Kitts on the way home. The flight was about $600 roundtrip. Compared to flying Northwest or any of the other larger carriers, this was about half the money and had a better flight schedule. The only thing is when you plan on going. I know that they don't fly much during the summer to the islands so you'll want to call your travel agent and find that out.
The other option for a cheap flight is to go out of Chicago and fly with Applevacations. I think the prices were less than with Travel Charter, it wasn't enough savings for me though to deal with getting to Chicago.

I wish you luck and a wonderful trip!

Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nina, thanks for some great information. I also want to apologize if it seemed my no hostel comment was in reference to your post. I started mine before I read yours. I have the money so I don't need to save by staying in hostels. If there is a good reason to do so besides saving money, it's not out of the question.

Your comment on the NYC subway made me smile. Had quite the adventure over New Years 2003 on the subway.

Tallulah, I don't want to get out of bed early every morning, no. I hadn't thought of that. I'm assuming there are coffee shops like here in the states where I could nurse a hangover, with coffee and people watching. I may need to learn to drink Guiness warm. Cold, it's addicting.

Thanks again everyone!!
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:25 AM

I have done a couple of solo trips to Great Britain, generally only a day or two in London as my interest is taking the train allowing for meeting locals, seeing different locations and ever changing countryside. Think of one day trip out of London. You can purchase a "cheap day return" ticket on the morning of departure. If you are staying only in London check out a studio apartment for a week. Be sure to purchase a tube pass and get to know the system for ease of getting around.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM

Nothing, really - the area around Gare du Nord is busy and on the sort of seedy side. But from there you can get anywhere by metro or taxi.